Replacement Tires

PineIslandPorsche

I have OEM 22's,with the factory Bridgestones needing to be replaced at 59k miles. Based on what I read here I ordered 285/45/22 Michelin LTX's from Sam's Club. When I went to have them installed this morning Sam's Club wouldn't do it, they refused because they are not the OEM spec tire in their computer (265/50/22). I'm hoping my local tire shop can get them on before the end of the day today. Michelin LTX Premier's were $265/tire. $1200 with tax.

I have OEM 22's,with the factory Bridgestones needing to be replaced at 59k miles. Based on what I read here I ordered 285/45/22 Michelin LTX's from Sam's Club. When I went to have them installed this morning Sam's Club wouldn't do it, they refused because they are not the OEM spec tire in their computer (265/50/22). I'm hoping my local tire shop can get them on before the end of the day today. Michelin LTX Premier's were $265/tire. $1200 with tax.
OEM tire is 275/50/22. The OEM size you mentioned was in their is 265. That is not the OEM size we have on our cars. So, I am guessing you may have made a typo error here. If not, then their number from their computer is definitely wrong.

Discount tire recommends 2 alternative sizes to the OEM size. The 2 alternatives from discount tire are:

285/50/22
305/45/22

But you bought 285/45/22. I don't know, maybe even a company like discount tire may refuse to sell put those tires on your car. For the simple reason that it does not show in their computer as an alternative size. Or do you have any literature that shows that size could be used? Because if not, it means anybody can just choose any size to put on their car, just because it has close numbers to OEM.

Most people I see are buying the 305/50/22 as it has more variety and cheaper prices. I think that would be a good size to buy, though our stock rims which are only 8 inch wide are not normally recommended for such tire size.

But when I get ready to get new tires, I think I will buy 305/45/22, as some people have done on here.

2016 QX80 base. This one comes with stock aftermarket wheels. These wheels are getting common on the QX from the dealerships.

This one is 22 by 9.5 with a +16mm offset

Tires are 305/45/22

Just thought I should share that. I asked at the dealership and they could not tell me the details about the specs of the wheels, so I asked for one and looked in the inside of the rim and got this info.

Took some pics to share.

PineIslandPorsche

OEM tire is 275/50/22. The OEM size you mentioned was in their is 265. That is not the OEM size we have on our cars. So, I am guessing you may have made a typo error here. If not, then their number from their computer is definitely wrong.

Discount tire recommends 2 alternative sizes to the OEM size. The 2 alternatives from discount tire are:

285/50/22
305/45/22

But you bought 285/45/22. I don't know, maybe even a company like discount tire may refuse to sell put those tires on your car. For the simple reason that it does not show in their computer as an alternative size. Or do you have any literature that shows that size could be used? Because if not, it means anybody can just choose any size to put on their car, just because it has close numbers to OEM.

Most people I see are buying the 305/50/22 as it has more variety and cheaper prices. I think that would be a good size to buy, though our stock rims which are only 8 inch wide are not normally recommended for such tire size.

But when I get ready to get new tires, I think I will buy 305/45/22, as some people have done on here.

2016 QX80 base. This one comes with stock aftermarket wheels. These wheels are getting common on the QX from the dealerships.

This one is 22 by 9.5 with a +16mm offset

Tires are 305/45/22

Just thought I should share that. I asked at the dealership and they could not tell me the details about the specs of the wheels, so I asked for one and looked in the inside of the rim and got this info.

Took some pics to share.

Have run the Michelin's for a month and they have transformed the ride versus the OEM Bridgestones. No degredation at all due to slight change in size. I ran 305's on a Toyota Tundra with OEM BBS wheels and always thought the 305's were too wide and too low profile. They grabbed every rut in the road. These Michelins work very well in wet weather and although we won't see snow in South Florida they are rate well for that if we need to venture North during the winter months.

Can I please see pics?

Who installed it for you?

What psi are you running?

Does it have a significant bulge?

I came back from a 800 mile road trip about 6 days ago and parked my QX in the garage. Yesterday, I was off work and wanted to use the QX, tire was flat. Drove like that to a very close gas station and filled it with air.

Took it to discount tire and they said I had a nail in it and said they cannot repair it. So, I bought a brand new tire from them.

All my tires are like new, but I am ready for some all terrain tires since I would like to take my QX offroad. I can't have this 4x4 be a garage queen.

I asked for a quote from them for a 305/45/22. Very pricey. Then they said it will not fit on the 22x8 OEM rim. Which is true. But I know some people have done this. So, I was wondering if I anybody could please share pics with me of how it looks. I wanted to see if the sidewall is bulging too much.

They gave me another quote for what would fit for a 285/50/22. I was very interested, but changed my mind as I want to find out if 305/45/22 is possible and safe on the oem wheel. I will like to do that.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
yes im running nexen 305 45 22 on stock 2012 qx rims. no issues. it will be a year in february.

i dont notice any significant bulge and the tire shop had no problems putting them on.

the stock 22 inch wheels that came on our 2012 models are aftermarket wheels. nissan didnt make these, they were outsourced.same as the 2015 later model wheels like the ones you have now.

im confused though. you have the newer qx80 22 inch wheels and you posted a photo showing the wheel at a dealer with the 305 tire on it, yet you state here you believe the tire shop that you had this service done tell you 305s wont fit? :confused:

Yeah, I see why you are a little confused. You didn't read in between the lines.

My post is asking if anybody is running 305/45/22 on stock rims which are 22x8.

My post #64 that you are referring to, I took the pictures at the dealership. If you read the post, it is very specific. The dealership is running 305/45/22 tires on after market rims which are 22x9.5 with a +16 offset.

My QX56 has the oem wheels from a 2016 QX80. Those oem wheels are the same specs as my 2012 oem wheels that I have sold. These wheels are oem and are 22x8 with a 30 offset.

So, you see the difference now?

305/45/22 tires are recommended on a rim which has a minimum width of 9.5. That is why Discount Tire says it will not put those tires on my car, even if I pay for them.

My 2016 QX80 rims on my QX are 22x8 with a 30 offset. Same for anybody with a OEM 22 inch rim new body style QX, no matter the year.

If you bought your QX brand new with aftermarket rims from the dealership, then my guess is your wheels may be 22x9.5.

I hope you understand now what I am saying.

So, I am looking for someone who has the oem 22 wheels which the only size as of the 2016 wheels I have is 22x8. That is if you have the Nissan 22 OEM wheels which must have the Infiniti center caps.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
yeah i confused.... :D

thats the wheel i have. stock aftermarket because nissan didn't make them, so by nature they are aftermarket (albeit stock) ;-)

i have the tire size you are asking about on these exact wheels.

if this isn't helping to answer your question, and you yourself feel , just as the tire shop, that the combination you are looking for won't work, then it wont. matching wheels to tires is not rocket science.

If that is the wheel you have, then I consider that OEM. I do not look at it as aftermarket because it comes on all the same year car with the same 22 inch wheel and has the infiniti center caps. There are a few of the same year that came with a 22 inch rim that looks different from this and does not have the infiniti center caps. That is what I normally think of as aftermarket.

Now that you say that is the size you have, then it gives me useful info. I am happy to know it works just great. Makes me feel ok that if I get same size, it should work just fine.

If by some chance you have a pictures of it and wish to share, would be great.

My current tires are like new. But last year I used them to offraod and I was very disappointed. So this year since I have a tentative summer road trip that will surely involve a bit of offraoding, I decided to look for a set of tires that I would like to buy for my road trip. That is if my tentative plans turn to a confirmed road trip plan. Then I have decided I will probably buy these tires about a month or so before my day of departure on my tentative road trip.

So far my search has taken me to these tires... Atturo Trail Blade XT 305/45/22. I have not purchased yet. But went to go look at the tire and I like the way it looks.

ysgi

my post should not be confusing.

the answer is yes.
It kinda was. Telling people that the wheels that they bought on their vehicle are not OEM, just because Infiniti didn't manufacture them is a little misleading.
Most parts on a vehicle are not produced by the vehicle manufacturer. IE, tires, radio, glass, bulbs, sensors, wipers, body panels, frame, airbags, etc. Those are all made by companies other than Infiniti.

So having the 22' wheels that were purchased with my QX56 off the showroom floor should certainly be considered OEM just like all those parts that I mentioned above.

Lion40

Checking in with those of you that have put 285/45 22 tires on their trucks. Which ones did you go with and does the .7 inch difference look that much smaller on your truck? Thanks for your help.

Kcrebel

Tupelo, MS
Looking for opinions as well for our 15 80 with 22" tires.

Stock replacement Bridgestone Duelers 275/50/22 are almost $1300 m/b out the door.

Toyo Open Country HT 285/45/22 are just under $950. Tire shop says this tire will fit and I've run Toyo tires on my pickup for a number of years with great success.

Any of you guys run the Toyo tires on yours?

Looking for opinions as well for our 15 80 with 22" tires.

Stock replacement Bridgestone Duelers 275/50/22 are almost $1300 m/b out the door.

Toyo Open Country HT 285/45/22 are just under $950. Tire shop says this tire will fit and I've run Toyo tires on my pickup for a number of years with great success.

Any of you guys run the Toyo tires on yours?
Discount tire via ebay has the Bridgestone for $986 shipped. Not a stellar deal, but you should be able to find a tire shop to install for $25 or less a tire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-275-50-22-BRIDGESTONE-DUELER-H-T-D684-II-50R-R22-TIRES-/311371222664

It looks like there are a ton of options at 285/45/22 size. Sorry, no opinion on the Toyo tires, but I've always loved the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 on my FX35. I may be tempted to try those next time my QX needs new shoes!
http://www.performancetread.com/hankook-ventus-st-rh06-285-45r22-114v-xl-b.html

Later,
pjdavep