Replacement Tires

sisu145

From another thread. I'm buying these to replace my blizzaks in a month.

"I went with alternate sizing on the tires and ended up ordering these: http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/nexen.../p/tv181000057

Slightly wider, same diamter. Great reviews, actually have a tread wear warranty as well as a road hazard warranty directly from Nexen. Had them on the beast for 2 months, and so far, I'm really impressed. Quiet, great road manners, better wet traction than the stocks. So far so good.... "

cbkqx56

figured i would update...forgot to put on my snows and had to drive in snow on the pirellis..they stink as expected. not that the bridgestones are any good either.

It's amazing how superior a aged snow tire on its 3rd winter remains to a nearly new all season.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
im in the market for some new shoes for the car. i remembered this thread and was coming on to look for it. the fact that you posted an update is my sign to grab them... :)

sisu145, did you just have them shipped to your home? who put them on for you?

also did you got with 305 or 285? id like a wider tire myself...

sisu145

I went with the 285. I'm probably another 3 weeks away from having them put on so that's why I had them shipped to my house. I had the dealer put the Blizzaks on and I think they charged 119.00. May check with a couple of local places and see if they can do it for less. I thought about going with the 305 but wanted to stay closer to the OEM size.
I think you're fine either way. Price is cheaper for the 305...

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
i would think the price is MORE since the tire is wider... hmmm...

well heres hoping the 305 wont cause any rubbing....

bigdogbts

Nexen's

That post from the other thread was mine. Had the nexen's on 22's in the 305 width for a few months now (including in Snow and Ice here in STL), and I'm still really happy with the purchase. Good wet / snow/ ice traction, and they're wearing nicely. I would put them on as soon as you can if you're comparing them to the stock bridgestones, especially if they're worn...

sisu145

Taking off the Blizzaks tomorrow and putting on the nexens. Doing 8 hours of driving on Saturday so I should have a good feel on how they operate. Will let you know my thoughts.

So did about 560 miles yesterday on the nexens. Ride at highway speed is quiet and comfortable. Sidewalls seems a little stiffer but coud be due to higher tire pressure the put in. Going to reduce that today. Overall, I like the tires and the value.

neuneleven

My Pirellis have <11k miles and are at 3/32! Won't be getting another set (nor another set of Bridgestones). Looking to go to 285/45/22s and move into Michelins.
Ouch! I just got a new set last month. WE drive about 17K a year, I guess I'll be in trouble by this time next ear if that also holds true for me:confused:

sisu145

Put about 1700 miles on my Nexen and I still like them. Good value for the price.

cbkqx56

re: Pirellis

ours have about the same amount of miles and show normal wear. they ride nice.

that being said, this car is tough rear tires and if your inflation is off a bit for any length of time it will wreck the tires...ask my snows :)

sisu145

Update:
Did a 1000 mile trip last week with the Nexen pulling a 18' enclosed trailer with 4 quads. No issues with the tires at all and really like how they act on the highway. Load leveler on the Q was another story. Currently in the shop to figure out why the back end was squatting so bad. The trailer was loaded and balanced correctly.
Doing another 700 mile trip this July 4 weekend with the trailer so further impressions of the tires to follow. Really like them so far.

blackmist90

these nexen tires are nice! i have the wider set (305) and i love them. no issues thus far.
Did you mount the 305's onto the OEM 22" wheels? Per spec, it's a little wide for the OEM rims, but I've now seem a few install these 305's onto the factory rims. Did the tire shop say anything about this?