2019 QX80 drain on battery

marctronixx

Staff member
Reaction score
battery -

Last edited:

DD938

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the ECM telling the alternator when to run or not. I modified the battery current sensor by cutting the blue wire on the battery current sensor pigtail and the voltage is always constant 14V+. I did install bullet connectors so when its time for annual inspections, I just reconnect it and clear out the DTC before taking my truck in.
How do you clear the DTC ?

G

G-197409

My 2019 QX80 continues to have some kind of battery drain. My son watched the factory DVD system for about 25 minutes, all of a sudden everything clicked off. A few minutes later I tried to start the car and it was dead. My dealer has already made an computer adjustment and replaced the battery once. I love Infiniti, as a matter of fact this is the 6th one that I have owned. I can’t believe that a $72,000.00 car will not start after playing the factory DVD system about 25 minutes. Something is not right. Is anyone else experiencing this??????
Yes!!! I have done the same as you and I am tired of it!!! Let’s sue Infinity! It is 100%a safety hazard for me. I am a single mother of triplets, if this happens at the wrong time. it could definitely jeopardize our safety!

Chief

Reaction score
This is crazy….I have 2019 Qx80…i have same issues with this battery…already had battery changed once last May during a computer recall…suppose to be picking it up tomorrow from dealer…they have had it since last Wednesday …i will be showing this
forum to the service technician/manager…

Davensport

Reaction score
My 2019 QX80 continues to have some kind of battery drain. My son watched the factory DVD system for about 25 minutes, all of a sudden everything clicked off. A few minutes later I tried to start the car and it was dead. My dealer has already made an computer adjustment and replaced the battery once. I love Infiniti, as a matter of fact this is the 6th one that I have owned. I can’t believe that a $72,000.00 car will not start after playing the factory DVD system about 25 minutes. Something is not right. Is anyone else experiencing this??????
I have the same issue and hope there is a fix soon. Just put new battery in and only got 3 months on that battery before I had to go save my wife and vehicle again. Taking it in for service and hope they have some answers. Love the vehicle but very disappointed with this issue.

marctronixx

Staff member
Reaction score
the fix is in this thread. it also seems some dealers are issuing a programming update to the ECM to adjust this. talk to your local dealer. reference this thread. if one does not want to do it, call another. or do the mod yourself.

A LOT OF OWNERS of these cars prior to 2021 have had this issue (myself included). this did no just crop up. we all were able to get on with the car despite not doing this mod, so whilst I get its frustrating, it IS a feature to nissan :) no matter how silly it looks, but it CAN be modified as others have done already on their on.