2019 QX80 drain on battery

DD938

Bradley, I have an 2011 QX56 and I'm having the same issues.. I've had mine at the dealer several times and they can't seem to figure out the issue. I'm seeing the Nissan Armada is also having the same issues.. Infiniti only tells you to take it to a retailer. I feel a class action lawsuit should definitely get started asap.

Tom count me in.. Having the same issues with my 2011 QX56, the dealer cannot figure out what the issue is... Class Action Suit is a must.
Me also, have a 2018 and dealer just replaced the battery. No cost to me (this time) but it failed inspection as emissions data lost. Had to go back later.. Just want it FIXED! Love it otherwise.

Humbe

My 2019 QX80 continues to have some kind of battery drain. My son watched the factory DVD system for about 25 minutes, all of a sudden everything clicked off. A few minutes later I tried to start the car and it was dead. My dealer has already made an computer adjustment and replaced the battery once. I love Infiniti, as a matter of fact this is the 6th one that I have owned. I can’t believe that a $72,000.00 car will not start after playing the factory DVD system about 25 minutes. Something is not right. Is anyone else experiencing this??????
I had the same issue with my 2018 qx80 and it happened while at the dealer. The service advisor and I were deleting the previous owners information like phone destination the home site for the navigation. The car went completely dead they had to replace the battery that was just put installed in December of 2020. The tech said the system won't charge while idling or short trips they have to do a pin position change in the fusebox unless it has an update to install.

Bob Pugmire

My 2019 QX80 continues to have some kind of battery drain. My son watched the factory DVD system for about 25 minutes, all of a sudden everything clicked off. A few minutes later I tried to start the car and it was dead. My dealer has already made an computer adjustment and replaced the battery once. I love Infiniti, as a matter of fact this is the 6th one that I have owned. I can’t believe that a $72,000.00 car will not start after playing the factory DVD system about 25 minutes. Something is not right. Is anyone else experiencing this??????
Yes, unfortunately Infiniti continues to blame it on short trips. This will be the third time in 3 months we have to take it back to the shop. This time I’ll talk to the idiot mechanics instead of my wife. As far as I’m concerned they can drive it off a cliff. I will never buy another Infiniti

kkm

I have leased 2019 QX80 .....I am so disappointed and so frustrated with it!
In the past few months, I have already called CAA atleast seven times because the battery keeps dying.
4 times it has happened at my driveway, so it was okay to deal with, but 3 times, my wife had driven the car, and, while returning, it wouldn't start
so had to call CAA to jump start. This was all during winter ...it was really frustrating!
Today, again, it wouldn't start and had to call CAA...they couldn't jump start and finally had to tow to the service center at 8650 Woodbine Ave, Markham
I am waiting to hear back from the mechanic on what they have to say and how are they going to fix it !!!
I am looking forward to the customer service here...let's see what happens !

Zander8

I have a 2014 QX80 - a couple of months ago I was having the same issue, I was stuck several times. We called our local dealership and they told us that they are getting several calls about the same issue and they are waiting to hear back from the factory. We left our number and never heard back from them.....they are the WORST dealership around!

Thankfully, my mechanic found out I had a bad cell in my battery. I replaced it with an Interstate battery - no issues since then.

kaoyagi

I just did to my QX80, of the 4 wires on the battery current sensor two were hot (5v) with the car in ON. One is blue and the other is green. I removed the BLUE from the connector and now have 14v+ going to the battery so I'm calling it good.

Last edited:

NSR

I just did to my QX80, of the 4 wires on the battery current sensor two were hot (5v) with the car in ON. One is blue and the other is green. I removed the BLUE from the connector and now have 14v+ going to the battery so iIm calling it good.
how many cold cranks did you get. i just had service done and miraculously my battery turned bad too i have had three shut downs so far already. going to go to Costco and pick one up from there than paying 400$ to dealer oh well i might get 10 % off lmao due to inconvenience

kaoyagi

how many cold cranks did you get. i just had service done and miraculously my battery turned bad too i have had three shut downs so far already. going to go to Costco and pick one up from there than paying 400$ to dealer oh well i might get 10 % off lmao due to inconvenience
I didn't change the battery. I just pulled the pin out of the connector. The battery is an Interstate that was in it when I bought it.