• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

IPod hook up

roughyear

The best NAV system is the Samsung S5 using Google Maps... easy to use.. to bad we can't figure a way to display that Google Maps on the screen!!!

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
google maps period, not just a specific phone, although android is the best! :D

get chromecast, and a hdmi to composite converter and cast the screen to the chromecast.

you will need to have the lock out bypass for the video whilst in motion, but this can all be done with little cost.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
yes i have. a few select people who have android phones have done this also. you can find video examples on youtube. i think even a cat who HAS a qx posted up a vid!

not a big deal. its just as if you are at home using the tv.

i gave away my last chromecast (picked up two nexus players) so i cant set it up and post any images but if you think about it, it makes sense. you just need an hdmi to composite/rca box and the cast.

Kcrebel

Tupelo, MS
How does that work Marc?
Doesn't the chrome cast require a 110v power supply? I guess you could plug that in as well.
Just curious. Was disappointed to find out the chromecast requires a power supply when none are ever shown in the advertisements.
Doesn't it also require a wifi network?

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
chromecast needs 5V 500ma or higher. you have access to a usb cig lighter to power it. it does not need 110V (even though there is a 110 V plug in back remember? ;) )

yes it needs a wifi connection. you can jailbreak (or root) your phone/tablet and cast away.

head over to youtube/vimeo and you will find examples.