IPod hook up

roughyear

I'm being a little lazy right now, as I don't wanna go out to the truck in the cold and pull out the owner's manual

But how/where do u plug in an IPod to play music through the AUX channel?? Do I need a special cable?

thanks

jeff_jones7

Alright, so assume this if for a QX newer than 2005?

I'm a windows guy, but a usb would be just fine...when I get back to my car will check it out, but didn't recall seeing it. Only the AUX in which didn't work through the audio inputs.

jeff_jones7

marctronixx, thanks for the input, but I'm a Windows household...you're telling me iPod and to use Google to research...man:)

Gumbey, 2005 doesn't have blue tooth so I'd have to go with post factory head unit which I don't want to do...but thanks for the input for sure.

jeff_jones7

Thanks all for the input.

To close on this, in the 2005 there is no adapter/etc. in the glove box. However, in order to hook up an external device, get a Aux to RCA adapter (bought mine at Car Toys) and you plus Aux out to phone and RCA in to the DVD player in the center console. Once you select DVD from steering column, you need to push mode on the DVD player to have it 'pass through'. Then you're golden.

The only thing that stinks, is that the quality is not that good. I have the same issue in my 2011 Acadia Denali. You have to crank the phone volume just to get decent sound out...and still turn up the stereo quite a ways....

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
http://www.nissanpartszone.com/accessories/nissan-armada-ipod-interface.html

you have to purchase the adapter. see above link. i know people who have 2006's on another site who purchased this. it is quite possible it will work with the 2005 model as i dont think the HU changed much if at all from 2005-2007. the major HU change was late 2007-2008 models and onward.

Thanks all for the input.

To close on this, in the 2005 there is no adapter/etc. in the glove box.

sasso09

I've tried to play music via Bluetooth in my 07' with no success, is it possible?

bbleous

Ipod connectivity issues

Hi Guys,

Just acquired a 2011 QX56. I'm having problems connecting my Ipod Classic to the audio system. I get the message "Check USB/Ipod". I just bout the USB to 30 pin cable from the apple store and it appears to be connected well at both ends. The Ipod is on the latest version of software.

Any ideas? :confused:

sisu145

I get that with my USB flash drive I use for music. Sometimes it's good for 3-4 times I turn the car on and then I get the check USB/Ipod and I remove the USB flash and plug it back in. Works fine then for another 3-4 times. Kind of a pain but not that big of a deal for me.

McFMLY

Can't play from phone using USB in 2011 QX56

I just bought a 2011 QX56. Up until a couple days ago I was able to play music that's loaded on my iphone when the phone was plugged into the USB. I was able to pick songs and play them through the touch screen and steering wheel without any problems. Now I can't get it to play the songs. I can access the songs and push the 'play' button but it won't actually play it. This MAY have started once I paired my phone via bluetooth but I'm not sure. If I go through my phone to play the music it works perfectly. Any ideas what the problem is?

roughyear

In my opinion... the Infiniti Multimedia/NAV is one of the WORST in the industry... other than that feature the QX is a might fine truck!!

Rsanders24

In my opinion... the Infiniti Multimedia/NAV is one of the WORST in the industry... other than that feature the QX is a might fine truck!!
Not even close....lol

Go try it with one of the German vehicles except the new MB and Audi...and Lexus is the worst non-German I've used by far...