• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

ysgi

extended warranty

Has anyone actually USED either the Infiniti Elite or an aftermarket warranty with the QX ???

I am getting close to 60k on my 12 and need to make a decision soon.

Really like the car, but just not sure about the longevity of the mechanics and electronics.

I was quoted:
$100 Ded
12mo/12k=$​1180​
24mo/24k=$1​9​70
36mo/36k=$2​7​40
36mo/48k=$3​5​10
48mo/48k=$​41​00 <--- Looking at
48mo/60k=$4​8​​40​ <--- these two, mostly.
60mo/60k=$5​8​​40

Add'l discounts for PIF. Those prices are about $1000 more than listed on this site in July 2014. They are from Courtney.

But I'd like to hear others thoughts and if it worked as advertised. OR if a third party was just as good or not.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Eric

Rsanders24

I only get factory warranties on my cars...ive heard too many bad stories of things not being covered by 3rd party warranties. Especially if you have the deluxe touring or tech package.

If you are considering 3rd party I would call them and ask for a complete breakdown of components covered by that warranty so you don't get caught off guard. I just had my drivers seat frame replaced along with both side view mirrors through Infiniti Elite so it has basically paid for itself. I thoroughly inspect my cars for any little thing so that I get my money out of the warranty.

Dread_Parrot

extended

>"On my Lexus I purchased an Lexus Platinum 8yr/120k for $1920.."

That was a deal ! Yeah 4 year warranty was up last month. Now were on the last two years of the Infiniti Elite. I bought six years but still think it should be six years on top of the first four that come with the vehicle. I told them that when I bought it. They said :take it or leave it , its how Infiniti does the warranty.
yeah we'll keep it at least two more years, 22k miles presently, we'll see how it does.
parrott

roughyear

I bought my kid a 6yr/100k extended warranty on the Lexus IS250 for $2100... but I guess it has less expensive parts than a QX56/80

turbomcp

QX56 2012 Reliability

Hi there
looking for any advice from people with experience on this.
I just bought a 2012 QX56 loaded with all options, super excited to get it.
it has 44,000 miles on it and the warranty will end in 4 months.
my question is , I know this vehicle is very reliable
do you think it will be ok until 90,000-100,000 miles(that's where im planning on selling it)
or would an extended warranty from infinity or third party be a must(especially since the vehicle is loaded)?
as a side question, what warranty do you recommend(infinity or third party)
Thanks in advance

roughyear

you could roll the dice and pay as you go for the repairs... I'll say you'll end up with about $4k in repairs/services over the next 50k... which is the cost of an extended warranty.

QX_Jean

I've never took extended warranty in the past. This time, I took a gamble and bought a third party extended warranty at the Infiniti dealer. 3 years 60000 KM full coverage for 2500 of our weak Canadian dollars.

I just used it for the first time last week after 14 mounts of ownership. 2000$ for sway bar bushings, steering rack and P/S hose. Happy me!

I don't like the reliability of the beast so far so I will get rid of it at the end of the 3 years warranty. Anyway, I've never kept a car more the 3 years...

Last edited:

Dread_Parrot

reliability

I've never took extended warranty in the past. This time, I took a gamble and bought a third party extended warranty at the Infiniti dealer. 3 years 60000 KM full coverage for 2500 of our weak Canadian dollars.

I just used it for the first time last week after 14 mounts of ownership. 2000$ for sway bar bushings, steering rack and P/S hose. Happy me!

I don't like the reliability of the beast so far so I will get rid of it at the end of the 3 years warranty. Anyway, I've never kept a car more the 3 years...
wow, already have had mine four + years. No issues. Even the battery is still good. reliability has been fine. (knock on wood) .
Have a good one.
Parrott

mat

Used 2011 Quote

I thought I would share my quote from CarChex just in case anyone is looking...

Looking at pulling the trigger on a 2011 QX56 w/ 77K.
Private Party sale from original owner - all maintenance records.

Timing Chain & both Cats already replaced under warranty by original owner.

Because it's over 70K - it's not eligible for Infiniti Elite.

CarChex

Titanium
Bumper to Bumper
$100 deductible
3YR/36K
$3,667

Gold
Engine, Tranny, A/C, Fuel System, Electrical (no suspension or emission)
$100 Deductible
3YR/36K
$3,013

4YR/48K
$3,342

scinfidel

Buying Today-Aftermarket Warranty

Wanted to thank the forum members for having enough info to make a good decision on buying. I found a very clean 1 owner '13 w/ 53k miles at a good price; AWD and loaded up in one of the colors I like.

I guess I have one question left, which is, is 53k miles 'just broken in'? I'm from the era of Nissan/Toyota/Honda motors running forever... My assumption is 175k miles is when mileage gets a bit much etc.

For added protection I'm buying an aftermarket warranty, I used to own a Rover and the forum members there got me connected with Zeigler Ford ESP, awesome protection and super affordable, I'm getting bumper - bumper for an additional 5yr/60k for $2400.

Thanks again and looking forward to taking delivery.

OPQX5680

has anyone done every maintenance interval? How much does each one cost?

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
i had a 45K plan i purchased (expired as im 56K miles now. bought car brand new 3 miles old) and have done every scheduled maintenance interval--dealer recommended (which is usually a bit more in $$).

costs depends on the service, and its slightly different depending on your neck off the woods. here in LA, i think the max i have paid thus far was around 550 dollars.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
the trick is to do some of those services a bit earlier than when they are "Scheduled" to be done, so as not to have that major sticker shock when you do them all at once.

the dealer i deal with is honest (from what i can ascertain) on what is actually needed at the time of scheduled maintenance. since i have ALL service work done at the infiniti dealer (read: paperwork) i am protected if something is not done that should be.

all the services done under the 45k elite program had many of those things covered so i would only pay a hundred or two for things not covered.

don't have them:

replace windshield wipers
in cabin filter
engine filter
injector cleaner

these things you can do on your own

Aftermarket Warranties (not CPO)

I've got a 2011 QX w/82,000 miles on it. It was bought non-CPO.

Do any of you have after market warranties/vehicle service contracts?

I'm looking at buying one of these but a Google search comes back with nothing but ads. I have no idea how to sift through them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

PetitFrereArmada

For what its worth, do your best to get the best coverage you can get for that car. Anything that goes bad on these cars do cost a lot.

I have warranty on my 2012 QX56. I bought mine I think at about 82,000 miles. My warranty is BUMPER to BUMPER. I mean, I read it well and it was not too pricey and wow have they spent on my car already. I have had over $10,000 worth of warranty work done.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24056&page=44

My BUMPER to BUMPER warranty will expire in 4 years or when my odometer gets to 145,000 miles. Which ever comes first.

Great coverage for me and I look forward to my QX getting bad many more times, if warranty can cover it, lol.

Warranty is like car insurance or home insurance. Mainly peace of mind as you own your car.

There are way too many people who pay full coverage car insurance for over 30 years and never once make a claim. Same too for many people with homes who pay home insurance but never make a claim. So, those people have basically paid for peace of mind while they own the car or house.

While there are only few people who end up needing to file claims.

These warranty companies make a lot of money since majority of people never file claims, so they pay out less than they take in for premiums.

For this car, I will advice anybody to try and get this peace of mind of some kind of USEFUL warranty. Not just any kind of warranty where when you call, they tell you they do not cover that.

My warranty impressed me so much so that some weeks ago, I had a flat and bought a brand new tire. Filed a claim with warranty and warranty paid $125. Discount tire had to call them and send in the work order and all. Tire cost me $240. But warranty pays out only $125 per occurrence and I think I have a maximum of 4 or 5 occurrences on the lifetime of my policy.

Last edited:

muckslush

Parker CO
Extended Warranty Questions

Hello All, new to the forum...and new (used) 2011 Infiniti QX56 owner....traded in my '10 Armada.

I have to admit that I wished that I would have found this site earlier. After reading a lot of the issues that people have had with these vehicles, makes me nervous. While my QX56 has relatively low miles for an '11 at 76,500k it sounds like I have a lot to watch out for. I was able to verify that the timing chain recall was completed at 66k miles so that is good at least.

I am considering purchasing an after market warranty through my credit union and it's with Route 66. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this company? The rate seems pretty good compared to some other quotes I received, but I must admit that I've purchased many used vehicles in my life but never with a warranty. Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've always been careful to buy vehicles with 1-owner, clean carfax, low miles, and good service history.

I became worried with all the different issues people have had with the QX from timing chain related problems to the multiple cat converter problems. I know this warranty doesn't cover exhaust or emissions issues, but I have 3,500 miles left on the 8/80 emissions defect warranty from Infiniti. Nothing like owning a vehicle that you just purchased, constantly looking down at the gauge cluster waiting to see a check engine light come on!

Thanks for all your input