• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

Paul1e

Infiniti offers a number of variations on their QX 56 new car extended warranty plans, based on years, mileage, deductible, etc. Having just purchased a new 2011 QX 56, I wanted to inquire if anyone has purchased the extended warranty and what they paid. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you, Paul

nickp

Shop the web. I purchased a factory Acura 120K, 7yr extended warranty on my 2011 MDX for 60% less than than the dealer wanted to charge me when I bought the truck. I went on line and found an Acura dealer in the northeast that was selling them on line.

I just bought a 2008 QX56 last week, with 53000 miles, and negotiated a $0 deductible, 3yr/100K bumper to bumper for $1,800, through a company called Compass. Very reputable and been around for a long time.

Typical rule of thumb is a 100-125% markup on dealer/factory offered extended warranties. Dealer will be happy to make $100 on a warranty package if it means losing the sale of the vehicle. Play hard ball with them.

carboxy

which other warranty companies?

I paid $2600 for the 84 month/120K mile FACTORY Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty.
In previous post, compass warranty was good but what carchex or infinitiwarranty? there so many online and any help or suggestion would be great bc I plan to buy a 2008 M35 or G35 with average 58k miles.

rwestiv

If you have insurance with geico you can get an extended warrenty on the car that is 7years/100,000 bumper to bumper and you pay it with your car insurance.

I have it on my current truck (2004 Dodge Ram 2500) and it has saved me a TON of money.

Take it for what it's worth, but it works for me.

GBA

Delphi Wiz

I was offered several options during purchase but the Infiniti warranty fell short of covering 'everything'; it clearly stated that the underlying electronics were not covered and this was a Showstopper.

I would still like to get one but prefer a hassle free warranty and have found none yet

-DW

lewgar

I cannot seem to get a hold of the dealers finance guy and get pricing. Can anyone give me a price range/options for the extended warranty on a 2012 QX56 with a triple pack?

Also I am not able to do the routine maintenance as I do not have a jack or space for this big boy. What kind of plans are there from Infiniti and costs?

Dread_Parrot

extended warranty

Don't know what the triple pack is, but the crazy guys we were buying from said the extended warranty ran the same time as the standard warranty. I said what? I never heard of that, what good is that,
So I said hell no. I figured I would call that Infinity concierge service and see if they could hook me up with Infinity direct or something.
I was disappointed with that at the dealer, they also wanted 2k a year for the extended warranty too. Said it covered everything but 2k was quite pricey.

Maybe Mark can chime in here on how it really is suppose to be.
Thanks
Parrott

lewgar

The triple pack is what dealers I wears dealing with were calling all packages including the tech package.

We ended up buying yesterday, $2,500 for the 8yr warranty, 8yr maintenance plan, they threw in LoJack.

For this pricing, it was very agressive by the dealer, did not care if the extended warranty overlapped. I will only keep the car until 6 years maybe 7 years.

I love this QX, it is for my wife so I hope I get to drive it and not just play tech support.

roughyear

wow!!! you got an 8yr warranty and that also INCLUDED maintenance for 8yrs???!!!! maintenance like oil changes, tire rotation, belt changes, timing belt etc????!!!

I paid $2600 for a 6yr/120k warranty, but it didn't include maintenance. It included gap insurance, bumper-bumper warranty, and tire/rim issues (i think or was it the interior detail warranty if something ripped or discolored, stained).

If yours included general maintenance, I'm gonna rip my $tealerrship a new ass!!

lewgar

U got it right, both for one low price of $2,500. Extended warranty and all the maintenance need up to 120K included (oil changes, tire rotation, 15K, 30K service, etc...).

Like I said they were being aggressive. I was out of state customer and drove 2 hours for this deal. I did not negotiate the extended warranty and maintenance until I was there, I will still kicking them around. They said they knew I was internet shopping so they gave me the best they could do for every option. They do this for new customers or if they are trying to grab customers from another dealer. i am sure there were some hold backs or rebates involved to get these low prices but I did not care, that was way too good to pass up.

lewgar

Price on the car was $69,000, I like to work in even numbers and usually negotiate to an even number. Just one of those quirky things I seem compelled to do. I got $5K less, on the initial conversation, than the local dealer was offering after a few hours haggling over price. i could not walk away.

BTW, loving the SUV, it ride so smooth. Looking to do a small road trip with it over the next few weekends. The ride to the beach this year is going to be comfy, and the kids will be happy too with their own TVs.

ck21az

2012 Extended Warranty

I am in the process of finalizing a new QX4WD - was wondering what the opinion is on the extended warranty?

Question of need and price.

I am getting a quote for an Infiniti warranty (not third party) for 7yr/100K miles for around $4500 - I thought the extended was for 8yr/120K miles and was reading that this can be purchased for around $2500 - $3000. The price seems high and was wondering if this is worth it? Any opinions?

roughyear

I paid about $2800 for 6yr/120k ... which included Gap insurance, Tire/Wheel Protection. I still felt ripped off though.

Kcrebel

Tupelo, MS
Definitely shop around. Any dealer can offer you the same warranty regardless of where the vehicle is purchased. I found major variances in prices for same services and offerings at two dealers less than 30 miles apart.

Dread_Parrot

extended

well the crazy thing is if you buy six year extended warrenty, it starts when you take possession of the vehicle, NOT at the end of the Bumper to bumper warranty ! That's backwards compared to the Volkswagen warranty.
I tried to explain what extended meant to Infinity customer wonks and the dealership. No dice.
Good Luck !
2011 with Bumper to bumper with concurrent with alleged extended warranty, Black with 4300 miles

jjaw

Buying 2012 Q56 Price and Extended Warranty help needed

Looking at a new 2012 Q56 Liquid Platinum 4wd:
Theater Package, Tire and Wheel Package, Illuminated Kick Plates, Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector, Carpeted Cargo Mat/Cargo Net & First Aid Kit, 50State Emissions

Retail $68895.00 + $199 admin
Dealers first proposal $64120.50 (good deal??)

Next question. I may want to look Infiniti Qx56 ELITE Extended Protection Plan or a Infiniti Qx56 ELITE Maintenance Plan. . What is a fair price to pay for each? I know I can buy the Elite extended warranty at any dealer, is there a dealer someone can recommend that sells them cheap? Thanks in advance for any help. I want to be armed with some numbers before I start the process

Desidon

The 2013 will be here end of Sep/ beg of Oct.If u don't want to wait, negotiate based on that info. They should be offering you a stellar deal to get the 2012's out the door in its last month