QX56 on Large Wheels/Tires

Panameraj

I thought I would revive this thread.

I am New to the forum and have had my previous owned QX56 for 2 months now and just put new wheels on it. Got tired of everyone asking me if I was at a certain place just because they saw a white QX56 somewhere, so I decided to throw some 28"concave wheels on it. I know large wheels is a love'em or hate em topic, but I wanted to share. =)

Did you have to do any lifting or strut modification to fit the 28s?

Eviltwin52s

Kansas
Did you have to do any lifting or strut modification to fit the 28s?
No actually 30's would have fit without any issues on a 2011 and up.

going bigger wheel set up will give you more road noise and you can also feel the road a whoe lot more....IMO....if you want the nice smooth ride we would need to run 24's or smaller but that's just me.to be honest i'm running 26" on my 2011 QX and i love it but it did change a bit from factory 22".

And this statement is not accurate from smokinextreme.... If you don't skimp on tires. My first set of Cheap Chinese crap tires "Carbon" had rubber excess on the seams and tread.. Horrible road noise and felt even the slightest crack in the road.

My new Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires... No road noise or steering wheel shake at high speed. In fact they ride smoother than my stock 22" Wheels with Bridgestone tires. If I could do it all over again... Note to self don't let the Tire shop talk you into cheaper crappy no name tires.

DraxtonStyles

Seattle, WA
Now that you have been riding on Perelli's for awhile is the ride still comfy or are you noticing rubbing over bumps and the steering wheel pulling you side to side when the street is not perfect?

Can I ask what tire size your on?

I was thinking since you said 2011 QX56 can fit up to 30" rims that i could buy 26" rims with 40 series tires and upgrade to more brand name tires for a better ride. Anyones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Deciding between 26" Diablo Morpheus or Elite rims.

I'm thinking of going with a less wide tire to avoid rubbing or turning issues but don't know. Anyone have any advice please???

No actually 30's would have fit without any issues on a 2011 and up.

And this statement is not accurate from smokinextreme.... If you don't skimp on tires. My first set of Cheap Chinese crap tires "Carbon" had rubber excess on the seams and tread.. Horrible road noise and felt even the slightest crack in the road.

My new Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires... No road noise or steering wheel shake at high speed. In fact they ride smoother than my stock 22" Wheels with Bridgestone tires. If I could do it all over again... Note to self don't let the Tire shop talk you into cheaper crappy no name tires.

Eviltwin52s

Kansas
I love my Pirelli's and would do it again! I will never buy cheap azz Lexani or Diablo tires. They are poorly made and impossible to balance due to all of the slag rubbber hanging off of them. I have no issues with my steering.

As for rubbing they do not rub, could have gone 30" or even 32" and would have just needed to remove that small flap at the bottom. I ride on 295x25x 28" tires and find they don't ride any different from my stock 22" tires. I was originally planning on going with 24 or 26" wheels and glad I didn't. They tried to talk me out of it due to potentially bending the wheels with such a heavy truck. I'm not one to back down from a challenge and have not had any issues. But I'm very cautious of where I travel knowing potential pot holes I will find a different route even if it may take longer. Width of the tire has nothing to do with rubbing it is the offset of the wheel. As long as you run an offset of 25(stock) or 30mm you will be fine.

Now that you have been riding on Perelli's for awhile is the ride still comfy or are you noticing rubbing over bumps and the steering wheel pulling you side to side when the street is not perfect?

Can I ask what tire size your on?

I was thinking since you said 2011 QX56 can fit up to 30" rims that i could buy 26" rims with 40 series tires and upgrade to more brand name tires for a better ride. Anyones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Deciding between 26" Diablo Morpheus or Elite rims.

I'm thinking of going with a less wide tire to avoid rubbing or turning issues but don't know. Anyone have any advice please???

Last edited:

royeco

virginia
[/URL][/IMG]

I have Dcenti 275/25/30, never had any problems with these tires. Balance out perfect every time. If you put 30s on you will have to do some cutting. As for the 32s you'll need a 3" lift in the front and a lot of cutting. Don't fool yourself. I do this for a living.