2012 QX56 - P062B code - Sputtering and loss of power

Brambo

Well my 2012 QX56 loaded with all options is having the same problem. Loss if power and barely gets over 40mph. I have a bumper to bumper warranty covered by GM. They've actually been great but seems they're tired of Infinitis shit too. First visit was ecu, less then a week later 2nd visit wire harness, warranty covers but asks Infinitis to thoroughly inspect all connections and assure no other problems.. exist. Driving home from dealer car has the same symptoms. They say another wire harness. GM warranty says this isn't an open check book and wants dealer to split costs. My car has been in the shop for over 2 months. They gave me a loaner but I'll like to have my car fixed correctly. I had a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum before this turd. Never had a problem with the Toyota. I'll be going back as soon as Infiniti can figure it out.

walo7

Intake valves get clogged due to the direct injection. The loss of air flow confuses the computer which causes it to lean out and/or richen up. the computer doesn't get the mixture reading it thinks it should see at the air/fuel sensor. it will continue to try to fix the problem by continually adjusting the mixture ratio. eventually the ecu gives up and goes into limp mode and usually throws a ecm code p062b and an air fuel code for one or both banks. at this point the ecu gets "locked" and will run poorly until it is reset. First, remove intake plenum and check/clean intake valves. this seems to be the true fix. disconnecting the battery doesnt seem to reset it. After cleaning the intake valves, try to disconnect ecu completely and the reconnect after being disconnected for 15 minutes.
so I think your on to something , I have the same issue its been running poor since I bought it and and I've put a ecu on and like everybody else it ran the same and one day I said maybe it had bad fuel because it could have been sitting for awhile before I got it so I put a fuel injector cleaner in the tank filled it with gas just to see if its because the carbon I let it run for 2 hrs walked outside and what do you know running like she fresh off the line, drove fine, the next day back to square one. you explained so well did you have the same problem on the same truck cleaned it and it never returned? I fill you my be right, this is the only thing that know of the other fixes have in common and the problem comes back, nobody directly address carbon build up.