• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Would like some info about the Q70L - considering buying

three4rd

PA
Hi,

I've started researching cars that I feel would be good prospects for replacing my '95 Buick Riviera, which I bought new and still drive. Back in the day, the Riv was Buick's top-of-the-line in the luxury class, and so I'd like to stay with something in a similar class of sedan. As much as I still like the Riv in many ways, it really seems unfortunate to not take advantage of some of the latest features- many of which (back-up camera, CarPlay / Navigational screens, etc.) have been around for probably several years by now.

I've come across the Q70L and like what I'm seeing so far, but I would like some general feedback from owners or those who have experience with the car. Particularly, I'd like to know about the "intelligent AWD" system. Where I live - in a rural area with a fairly steep hill to get to my house - I need something that works in adverse weather conditions. Our old cars were RWD and I would not want one again. The Riviera is FWD. Our '97 Jeep is AWD. So I guess my question boils down to whether or not this "intelligent" system reacts immediately to any slippery conditions and, if so, how well. My concern is that, from what I read, the Q70L is basically listed as being RWD.

I also find it odd and disappointing that the car's fuel rating is only 18/24 - less than my Riviera - and yet takes premium unleaded. I was hoping that by moving into the 21st century with a new car purchase I'd find something that is more, rather than less energy efficient, without necessarily looking into a hybrid.

Any info at all about this car - the handling, quietness, overall performance, durability, and such - would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ppuczko

You know how bad the winters get in Chicago, right? But my Q70L AWD is not afraid. Doesn't matter how much snow is on the ground - I know I can get to wherever I am going.

Peter
2015 Q70L AWD, 40k miles