• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will QX80 headlights fit my 2012 QX56?

56er

Nashville
I was wondering if the QX80 headlights would be a direct fit to my 2012 QX56. I like the daytime running LEDs in the new QX 80 headlights.
....Or, if anyone manufactured headlights for my QX56 that had daytime LED lights incorporated within.
Thanks in advance.

jrm5f2

Hey everyone! After looking at this closely it looks like this could be a direct fit. The reason why I say that, is because there is a user on here that as already done the conversion from QX56 front to QX80 front without changing his headlights. If the above statement holds true then his conversion shouldn't have worked. I could be wrong, but after looking at it closely I believe I am right. Also it looks like the plug is also a match. I am planning on do this sometime in the future myself. Just my two cents.

Here is the truck I am talking about.

Attachments

Ducebiggie30

I was wondering if the QX80 headlights would be a direct fit to my 2012 QX56. I like the daytime running LEDs in the new QX 80 headlights.
....Or, if anyone manufactured headlights for my QX56 that had daytime LED lights incorporated within.
Thanks in advance.
Did you find out if the headlights fit without changing bumper grille etc.?

Hey everyone! After looking at this closely it looks like this could be a direct fit. The reason why I say that, is because there is a user on here that as already done the conversion from QX56 front to QX80 front without changing his headlights. If the above statement holds true then his conversion shouldn't have worked. I could be wrong, but after looking at it closely I believe I am right. Also it looks like the plug is also a match. I am planning on do this sometime in the future myself. Just my two cents.

Here is the truck I am talking about.
So can the headlights be swapped out without changing bumper grille etc. ?

jrm5f2

Hey I would have to look again it's been so long since I looked into this, but what I can remember is that yes the headlight is a direct fit physically. The issue is wiring, fuse, IPDM, and the BCM (CAN). It's not hard to do just require some know how and maybe some splicing to get the LED DRL's to work how you want them. Somewhere on this forum I explain this already in detail, I just need to find it. Since they changed the layout it will probably take me a second.

Ducebiggie30

Hey I would have to look again it's been so long since I looked into this, but what I can remember is that yes the headlight is a direct fit physically. The issue is wiring, fuse, IPDM, and the BCM (CAN). It's not hard to do just require some know how and maybe some splicing to get the LED DRL's to work how you want them. Somewhere on this forum I explain this already in detail, I just need to find it. Since they changed the layout it will probably take me a second.
Ok so u saying the lights would mount up and fit the 2012 bumper and grille? And yes i do understand having to do some splicing and wiring matching leads i had to do something very similar to my 10-13 Camaro when i installed 14-15 headlights front bumper and grille i had to do splicing and wiring to match up for headlights and turn signals

Isaac911

Hi jrm5f2

the only concern I have preventing me from upgrading the headlights to 2015 is:
AFS(Adaptive Front-lighting System)
is the AFS working normally after upgrading the headlights to 2015?
if there is any error showing on the dashboard regarding the AFS?

Please respond