• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What are your opinions about the 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport?

bobsled

nice car...rear wheel drive...go with the m45x if you live in the snow belt. M35 is about $10K cheaper....smaller engine

mb3698

I have owned the M45 for about a year now. Here are my opinions.

Well worth the money. It is a steal when comparing to a comparably performing BMW or Mercedes. If you want a more plush ride I would seuggest Lexus GS. If you want more of the sports sedan aka BMW feel this Infiniti is the one you want.

The Bose surround system is one of the best around. And the in dash 6 CD changer will played burned MP3 CD's.

The Voice activated Navi is good but need some work. For example you can't just say Monroe. You need to say Monroe St or Monroe Rd or even a direction such as South Monroe St. Once the destination is in. the Navi works wonderfully.

The handfree feature for Bluetooth phones is great. Automatically turns off the radio and turns down the fan speed on the AC so you can hear better.

Heated/Cooled seats are great.

Even though is seems like a lot of buttons on the dash they are very intuitive and it is much easier to find functions than the crappy I Drive on the BMW.

Acceleration is awesome. 1 main problem. With the Vehicle Stability Control turned on, if you gun it too fast, it really retards the engine once it senses wheel slip. So you have to be careful with your launches. Fortunately, unlike the Lexus you can turn this off if you'd rather handle the vehicle dynamics yourself.

The headlights stear into a turn at night. This works much better than I had expected.

The Lane Departure warning system works OK but it can get annoying. If for example there is a crack in the middle or you lane and it was tarred over, the system will mistake that for the edge of the lane and it will beep at you. You can turn this off, but it resets to on every time you start the car. There is no permanent way to turn it off.

The distronic cruise control makes line highway drives very nice, but the system is not fool proof. Still have to pay attention. For example when set to a short distance, if you're coming upon a car that suddenly brakes, it will not slow that car down fast enough in it's own. The system will only supply about 25% braking force. If it sense it can't stop it sounds a warning and you'd better be paying attention.

All in all, I have been happy with the car. If you're an Ipod person, wait for the '07 model as they are planning Ipod integration.

Hope this helps.

missan nissan

I wanted to buy an m45 but could find a dealer who was wanting to do a deal...we got an Accord...but I do miss our I35 What a top car but i do like the look if the New
M45 ...