• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tire Wheel Paint Warranty and Extended Warranty

jjk73

Just bought a new 2013 qx56. I was quoted the following for warranty, and have 30 days to accept. I didn't buy at the time of purchase, because I wanted to learn more about it first. This forum has/had been a great resource, so what do you all think about the following?

8year/120k warranty for $1692

Tire/Wheel/ding warranty for $595

Are there deficiencies to the warranty I need to be aware of?

Looking at the side of the qx56, which is one big broad black expanse of painted door without any sort of bumper, I'm starting to think that the warranty for free repair of minor dings might be worth it.

Cheers and thanks for your replies!

JJK

Gumbey

How long is the tire / wheel warranty good for? If you swap tires (winter to summer and vice versa) on the same rim or drive in muddy / dirty or even salty wintery areas then it may be a good thing.

Also, did you get any 3M protection on the front? I did, but I should have gone further. I only got the mirrors, hood and around the lights. I should have went down to the bottom front bumper (around the radar). It pits like a mofo....

jjk73

Tire/wheel was for 5 years. I don't do any tire swapping.

For 3M protection, is that like one of those clear coating 'bras' that I've seen on some cars? Is that a dealer install? I'm going to look into that, thanks for the tip.

Sjyokel

We did the 8 year / 120k warranty. I don't often buy warranties with cars, but when I look at the electrical systems, pneumatic suspension items, and coverage, it seemed to make sense. You may push them on the price, though. We got that coverage plus a lifetime/unlimited miles drivetrain warranty for about $1,300. They've been great to work with on the one claim we filed.

I almost did the wheel package when they showed me how much the wheels are to replace. Instead, I just use the camera to park and never get close to curbs if possible. The car warranty also provides for tire damage (up to 4 incidents) if it's the same coverage we got.