Tire Size question

Narmada

Hello to all. For the Members with the 22" OEM Wheels who have experienced driving with
275/50/22 (from factory) and 305/45/22 (which a few members are using). Did you notice any difference with ride quality? Handling? Look (Qx stance)? Any info on this matter would help me greatly decide what tire size to get when it is time to upgrade from my 20's. Thanks in advance.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
i went to the 305 45 22 and i liked the stance. i think this is very personal to the individual. i did not notice any handling issues or negative results. all good positive experiences. the hbmc is on my car so it rides very nimble and i drove it like a rental!

just depends on what you plan to use yoru car for. i did not tow with my car and was only concerned with appearance.

cecil B

I run 285/45/22 and like the low profile look while still having good ride quality. I did notice about a 5 MPH difference on the gauge though, 70 was actually 65 and so forth.

Narmada

Thanks for the advice guys. Decided to 1st try out running the regular OEM 275/50R22 size. I did the Michelin Premiers and love the ride quality it provides. I am not quite confident they will last 50k miles though. The rubber is on the softer side and the tread life actually starts at 8/32 :oops:. Thankfully it is a vehicle the Family and I enjoy on weekends or short trips.

I do plan on trying the 305/45R22 in the future though...

cecil B

Thanks for the advice guys. Decided to 1st try out running the regular OEM 275/50R22 size. I did the Michelin Premiers and love the ride quality it provides. I am not quite confident they will last 50k miles though. The rubber is on the softer side and the tread life actually starts at 8/32 :oops:. Thankfully it is a vehicle the Family and I enjoy on weekends or short trips.

I do plan on trying the 305/45R22 in the future though...
I think thats a good choice. I seen marctronixx went with 305/45/22 and I believe if I can get my QX running good again, I will probably do my next set in that size or 305/40/22. I just wasnt sure how a wider tire would sit on the rim and I wanted a little lower profile.
I did always think the body shape QX56 would look good with a small lift and a set of all terrain 35's, tubular front bull bar and tubular side bars..and you cant forget the blinding aux lights and lane width fender flares.