• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

slow starting A/C on QX4

greg1950

Tampa FL
I have a 2001 QX4 and the A/C worked okay until recently. Now, it does work, but takes 8-9 minutes to start cooling. I took it to my Infiniti dealer, and he swears it is 46 degrees within 3 minutes. When I picked it up from the dealer, after they said it was working fine, I put the vent in my face, and felt the difference, once again, right about 8-9 minutes. At that time, it got cold enough I had to turn it down within minutes. Has anyone else experienced this issue? There are only 2 Infiniti dealers in Tampa, and I hate the one I have gone to says everything is okay. I am about an hour away from both, and the only thing I can think of is dropping it off, then going back down the next morning to have them show me it is cooling, which it is not. But being 50 minutes away, each way, that is really more than I should have to do. Sorry for the long note, but really need help. Thanks.