Security Bypass Infiniti q45 02

dabeer06

MD
My car has gone into security mode, security light is flashing and it won't recognize the plastic ignition key. FOB works fine, and the car cranks with the metallick key. Does anyone know how to reset the security system?

missy

Hello dabeer06 - How did you resolve the issue? I have a 2002 Q45 and replaced the key fob battery, when it didn't work I reprogrammed according to online instructions. It works fine with the doors etc and when inserted into the ignition the steering wheel/seat all move into position but the ignition won't allow me to turn the key. The machined key cranks the motor just as yours did and sometimes the security system jumps into play with the horn. I've played with the steering wheel since it would sometimes stick, popped the trunk, pressed on the brake and parking brake thinking that there must be a combination of efforts to allow the key to turn. One online mechanic suggested reprogramming the fob by a locksmith and the dealership wants us to bring it in - which means a tow and that isn't an option in the middle of a pandemic! Need advice and soon since this is the only mode of transportation!!
Thank you.