Seat belt keeps tensing up like crashing after front brake change

Panoramic guy

Reaction score
2014 Q50s

I changed the front brakes and rotors this weekend for the first time (after changing the rotors/ pads on a Subaru and a Pontiac, figured would be easy...).

Ever since then, whenever I apply the brakes, the seat belt tenses up like I am in a crash. It is getting quite uncomfortable!

The brakes seem to work perfectly well, they are smooth, without any vibration/abnormalities. The push might be little softer than it was before.

The only trouble I had with installing the front roto - took the caliper apart (took the four screws off to separate the two parts) with the first wheel, resulting in some brake fluid leakage, in order to push the pistons back and get to the rotors I quickly realized my mistake and put it back together (after pushing the pistons in; not much brake fluid lost) - and took the other two bolts off to remove the whole caliper assembly.
The other side, did it the correct way/did not take the calipers apart.

I took the car to a shop to have the brakes inspected (and I also had them change the pads/rotors in the back) because by now I felt like I broke something.
They said everything seemed to installed properly, and could not explain why the seat belt does what it is doing.

Their only comment was that the brake pedals feels a little bit soft.
They said perhaps the ABS system is broken, but to me that seems unlikely. Why would it suddenly break?

Anyone have this happen to them before? Any idea what is wrong/how to fix?

Infiniti strong

Reaction score
2014 Q50s

I changed the front brakes and rotors this weekend for the first time (after changing the rotors/ pads on a Subaru and a Pontiac, figured would be easy...).

Ever since then, whenever I apply the brakes, the seat belt tenses up like I am in a crash. It is getting quite uncomfortable!

The brakes seem to work perfectly well, they are smooth, without any vibration/abnormalities. The push might be little softer than it was before.

The only trouble I had with installing the front roto - took the caliper apart (took the four screws off to separate the two parts) with the first wheel, resulting in some brake fluid leakage, in order to push the pistons back and get to the rotors I quickly realized my mistake and put it back together (after pushing the pistons in; not much brake fluid lost) - and took the other two bolts off to remove the whole caliper assembly.
The other side, did it the correct way/did not take the calipers apart.

I took the car to a shop to have the brakes inspected (and I also had them change the pads/rotors in the back) because by now I felt like I broke something.
They said everything seemed to installed properly, and could not explain why the seat belt does what it is doing.

Their only comment was that the brake pedals feels a little bit soft.
They said perhaps the ABS system is broken, but to me that seems unlikely. Why would it suddenly break?

Anyone have this happen to them before? Any idea what is wrong/how to fix?
If you pull on your seatbelt and fully pull it out and let I go back it should fix that if not something on the floor Mount must have some catching on the belt