Rough Idle on 2013 JX35

brandman2

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing rough idle with their JX35? Since new, the idle has been rough, fluctuating some 250 to 500 RPM while in drive. During the summer with the AC engaged, the idle almost bottoms out until the system floods itself with fuel to recover. As you can imagine, the rush of fuel causes the vehicle to shudder as she recovers but then she sounds like a 2-stroke lawn mower while waiting at a light. I've take it in to the dealer to investigate the problem but they saythey are not finding anything and this is normal. I took it in again in March of 2015 for the same issue and the dealer performed a System Update that was to reset the fuel injection sytem. No help, I still get the same problem with shudders almost to the point where the engine wants to die out. I cant imagine that Infiniti would design their vehicles to have such an uncomfortable idle and with the shuddering and constant engine revving as she is trying to stablize her idle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a video of the RPMs going crazy like they sound to be. Post the video on YouTube and link to it via Twitter. Also link to it here so I can see. If this is happening to you then chances are it's happening to other people as well. Maybe the video will go viral so you can actually get some help.

It IS possible that the issue isn't happening when the mechanics are working with it. So having a video will be helpful if that's the case...

brandman2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines as well in creating some form of video. II like your suggestions as to where to post this. Initially my thought was to send this to Infiniti Customer Service to get some help but they take forever to help in getting things resolved. My list issue with them took over a year to get resolved.

Thanks!

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines as well in creating some form of video. II like your suggestions as to where to post this. Initially my thought was to send this to Infiniti Customer Service to get some help but they take forever to help in getting things resolved. My list issue with them took over a year to get resolved.

Thanks!

serv·ice - the action of helping or doing work for someone.
"millions are involved in voluntary service"
synonyms: favor, kindness, good turn, helping hand

It doesn't sound like Infiniti's "service" department was doing what they're paid to do. So...

I hope it works out for you in the end. Please keep us posted.

Holeecow

Reaction score

Thanks!
Sorry to dig up and old post. Did you ever find out what the issue was?
I’m having the exact same issue

shogun_sg

Reaction score
Sounds like no one figured out a resolution. My JX35 sitting in my driveway while texting is revving like 500 rpm just to run the AC compressor?? Then I turn off the AC for kicks to see if it stops. Nope. There has to be a service guide for this issue if all these random people in different states are saying the same thing.

CCLippert

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing rough idle with their JX35? Since new, the idle has been rough, fluctuating some 250 to 500 RPM while in drive. During the summer with the AC engaged, the idle almost bottoms out until the system floods itself with fuel to recover. As you can imagine, the rush of fuel causes the vehicle to shudder as she recovers but then she sounds like a 2-stroke lawn mower while waiting at a light. I've take it in to the dealer to investigate the problem but they saythey are not finding anything and this is normal. I took it in again in March of 2015 for the same issue and the dealer performed a System Update that was to reset the fuel injection sytem. No help, I still get the same problem with shudders almost to the point where the engine wants to die out. I cant imagine that Infiniti would design their vehicles to have such an uncomfortable idle and with the shuddering and constant engine revving as she is trying to stablize her idle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue. I have taken my JX35 in for service for the rough idle at least 3 times. The first time they said they found no idle issue, months later they reset the idle,several months later they said it only idled rough when the heat or a/c was on. At this point a year and a half later the idle is so rough that it feels like the car will die while sitting at a red light. It’s very irritating to have a constant worry that my car will die. I’m taking it in again for service on the idle in a few
days. I hope they try a little harder to resolve the issue!

Bonesaw

Reaction score
is it throwing codes? I'd check the MAF sensor, replace the air filter and PCV valve, clean the throttle body and check for vacuum leaks

G

G-238905

I am having the same issue. I have taken my JX35 in for service for the rough idle at least 3 times. The first time they said they found no idle issue, months later they reset the idle,several months later they said it only idled rough when the heat or a/c was on. At this point a year and a half later the idle is so rough that it feels like the car will die while sitting at a red light. It’s very irritating to have a constant worry that my car will die. I’m taking it in again for service on the idle in a few
days. I hope they try a little harder to resolve the issue!
I am just now having the idling issue mentioned above. Was anyone able to resolve the issue? I would like to keep my Infiniti for a few more years.