QX80 Dual Black Screens

Qx8020

Reaction score
So this has happened to my 2020 Qx80 twice now. The first time, screens were off for day or two then miraculously came back suddenly.
Just happened again, and I held in the radio power button for 10 seconds or so, and it went through a soft reset of sorts, and now it’s back on.
definitely need to bring this in to have it looked at, but figured this might be a solution for anybody in the moment.

Good luck !

JPg

Reaction score
Have had our 2022 QX80 for 5 days now and screen won’t turn on / phone charger not working… very frustrating. I’ve not seen an easy fix I this forum, and tried other ideas from elsewhere online. Nothing worked. Back to the dealer we go… not a good start

marctronixx

Staff member
Reaction score
there's been a lot of new users coming on this forum and another forum with these issues related to the AV system. looks like there are faulty parts installed with no possible fix other than to request a new av system or sadly, return the car. this is not an isolated issue.

Jakerie

Reaction score
This has happened to us a couple times. The dealer said our car was too new to need an update…the trick to hard reset your screen is to hold the volume dial button(press it) for like 10 seconds and it will reset. That always fixes it for us, but it randomly comes back.

marctronixx

Staff member
Reaction score
"too new"? the audacity of the sales folk to tell you that. even when you buy a new phone that's just released it will often have a firmware updated that needs to be applied when you open the phone. same for computer software.
the latest model infiniti and armada have had many folks upset with issues and bugs in these systems. some cat on another forum has stated he has started, or is in the process of, starting a class action lawsuit over it.