QX80 Cruise Control issues?

Marsh Pirate

I have a 2020 QX80 with about 3500 miles on it. I hate how my cruise control is working. On cruise on a slight hill, it will cause the transmission to downshift and rev up to about 4500 RPMs. Where if I do the same hill myself, I can easily maintain my speed without causing the downshift. Also on cruise on the interstate @ 80, touch brake for slower traffic, upon resume it again downshifts and revs up to 4500-5000 RPMs just to gain 5 mph. I find this unacceptable. I took it to my dealership and they said it was normal. Have any of you had any experience with this situation? Thanks for your input.

G

G-720068

I have a 2020 QX80 with about 3500 miles on it. I hate how my cruise control is working. On cruise on a slight hill, it will cause the transmission to downshift and rev up to about 4500 RPMs. Where if I do the same hill myself, I can easily maintain my speed without causing the downshift. Also on cruise on the interstate @ 80, touch brake for slower traffic, upon resume it again downshifts and revs up to 4500-5000 RPMs just to gain 5 mph. I find this unacceptable. I took it to my dealership and they said it was normal. Have any of you had any experience with this situation? Thanks for your input.
We just purchased a 2020 QX80. It has 1229 miles and you describe the issue we are having with our cruise control exactly. I described this problem to our dealer. He did not offer any solutions either. ☹

NSR

i guess just given the size of truck it might be compensating to bring the large mass to same speed. i experienced the same and found it amusing how the cruise worked. just up the hill it would go VROOOOM and stablize again but down shift and stablize bit odd for the price of this truck. Also the adaptive braking is crazy scary i ended up braking by self before it could as it didnt slow down at distance where i would have in my driving. I have used it in slower speed but we were heading to Whislter here in Canada for day trip and didnt want to take any chance with full family in car. I have also noticed some times it basically Jerks braking while in cruise not sure if its extra precautious sensor or is it just mine.

puma1basscat

i guess just given the size of truck it might be compensating to bring the large mass to same speed. i experienced the same and found it amusing how the cruise worked. just up the hill it would go VROOOOM and stablize again but down shift and stablize bit odd for the price of this truck. Also the adaptive braking is crazy scary i ended up braking by self before it could as it didnt slow down at distance where i would have in my driving. I have used it in slower speed but we were heading to Whislter here in Canada for day trip and didnt want to take any chance with full family in car. I have also noticed some times it basically Jerks braking while in cruise not sure if its extra precautious sensor or is it just mine.
My brother has a 4 year old QX80 and his speed control NEVER DOES THIS ERRATIC ACTION EVEN WHEN TOWING A 30 FOOT TRAVEL TRAILER!!!!

NSR

I was told its not 100% accurate they did run checks and all turned out ok. Haven't hit the road to find out results yet.

Marsh Pirate

Did any of you get the dealer to address this issue? I'm taking mine in for the 1st oil change and I'm going to bring this issue back up. I wouldn't have purchased this car had it done this during the test drive. I going to push the issue further up the ladder at my oil change.

Marsh Pirate

Ok, this is what I have found out. The QX80s with the standard cruise control, all do this. The more advanced cruise controls don't. Dealer no help! Infiniti no help. I called Infiniti customer service, what a joke. It can't be that hard to do a software update and correct this problem. We all need to inundate Infiniti with calls and emails, to get this problem corrected.

Ccline

This is exactly the same issue I have with my 2019 QX80.....DEALERSHIP was no help.
Same issue! My dealership printed out the owners manual pages that told me how to use the cruise control. I’m 45 years old. I’ve had numerous vehicles before this one and not one has done this. Not overly impressed with Infiniti.

NWAQXDriver

Sure wish we had seen this discussion before today. Just drove home in a new 2020 QX80 and discovered the cruise control issue being discussed here. We traded in a 2014 QX80 that was smooth as butter climbing hills while in cruise control. This thing, however, drops 3 gears and wails near redline when climbing a grade while in cruise control. Never seen anything like it, extremely disappointing, probably wouldn’t have bought the vehicle if we had known it behaved this way. Surely there is a computer programming fix for this.
I suppose I’ll find out about Infiniti customer service when I call the dealership Monday morning, the comments on this forum are not encouraging. Will follow up.