• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Qx56 loss of heat

Toastman

Winnipeg, mb
Hey, located in Canada. I'm away for work and wife calls me today saying she has lost almost all heat in our vehicle.

The air is blowing but blowing cold. What's even weirder is she said all the heated seats stopped working too.

In the rear of the truck and feet up front on both sides was totally cold. Vents was barely luke warm.

If anyone could point me in the right direction why I'd lose seat and vent heat at the same time that'd be great.

Thx

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
Again perhaps its the bypass valve. Maybe have her move the climate control to AC and test, then move back to HEAT and see if there is *any* change in the temp.

If all of those other features stopped working, you may have a blown fuse/relay. Fuse panels are at the side drivers door under the dash, and the relays are in ther engine room in the back to the left (facing engine) in a small black box. Heated seats are not connected to the heat in the vents. Could be coincidence.

Toastman

Winnipeg, mb
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi68CYFuXmk

Had the same problem in my 2008 Nissan Armada. The engines should be the same. As for the heated seats look for a blown fuse. There is the main fuse under the hood and supplement fuse box under the dash

Update: heated seats are now working. Upper vent heat seems to be working. Floor vents and rear vehicle vents still blowing cold. I'm away for work for another week so I haven't tried anything else. These are changes happening on their own

Hey, located in Canada. I'm away for work and wife calls me today saying she has lost almost all heat in our vehicle.

The air is blowing but blowing cold. What's even weirder is she said all the heated seats stopped working too.

In the rear of the truck and feet up front on both sides was totally cold. Vents was barely luke warm.

If anyone could point me in the right direction why I'd lose seat and vent heat at the same time that'd be great.

Thx
But when the vehicle stops and is at idle everything blows cold.

jrm5f2

Update: heated seats are now working. Upper vent heat seems to be working. Floor vents and rear vehicle vents still blowing cold. I'm away for work for another week so I haven't tried anything else. These are changes happening on their own

But when the vehicle stops and is at idle everything blows cold.

Question when you say upper vents, are you talking about the front or the rear? This is important to know to help further diagnose your problem. My guess if it is the upper vents in the rear that is blowing cold only it could be the rear blend door on the rear a/c unit. Also if you come to a complete stop and the air is blowing cold, but driving it is blowing hot or warm that tells me you probably have air trapped in your heater core which is part of the whole radiator system. You need to bleed the air out of the system properly. Not hard to do.