Please help, wierd noise

infinitliannoyed

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a used QX60 with 23K miles 2 months ago. I quickly discovered a wierd noise which sounds like rain or pebbles falling to the left of my head while driving. It happens at approx 65 mph and one other weird thing about it is that it seems to happen when there is a car ahead of me driving. If I switch lanes and there is no car ahead of me, it seems to stop. Also, it doesn't always happen but it does often.
Anyways, I called the dealer and they took it out for a drive and heard the noise and replaced the rail guard or whatever it's called on the top of my roof. The noise was not fixed. I took it in again and they could not hear it this time. So they lowered the moonroof and fastened the bolts tighter. The noise is still there. They said unless they can hear it, which again it is random, there is not much they can do. Please, anyone have any experiences with this? This is unbearable! Thank you in advance!

Rashawnda1

Reaction score
Hello are you sure it’s coming from the roof and not the back seat rattling I had this issue and the dealer fixed it.