Passanger heated seat not working properly

Corey.mckinlay

Ok so I have a 2016 qx80 tech. The passanger seat cools fine on low medium and high. Heats on low and medium on the ass of the seat but not on the back of the seat. I turn it to high heat and it will shut off all together or run for a 15 - 30 sec and then shut off, both fans work and no shorts in any connections that I see. ANY IDEAS?

Think I need a new back heating element/ back foam? Or is it a relay of some sort ? 🤔

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
there is no heating element on the qx seats. its a thermistor with a fan to blow the heat (or cooler air) around inside the seat.

if its shutting down after a few seconds each time you turn it on, this could signal an issue with the circuit inside the seat.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
you can go to any online infiniti parts website and look at an exploded view of the seat to find the parts that you may need. are you mechanically inclined to do such repairs?

have you done any continuity testing on the wiring of the seat to see if there is an issue with the wiring? maybe a loose or frayed connector...

Corey.mckinlay

you can go to any online infiniti parts website and look at an exploded view of the seat to find the parts that you may need. are you mechanically inclined to do such repairs?

have you done any continuity testing on the wiring of the seat to see if there is an issue with the wiring? maybe a loose or frayed connector...
Yes I am very mechanically inclined
I never take vehicles in for repairs ever on all the vehicles my family has ever owned. I'm going to swap the whole fan assembly from drivers side to see of thsts the problem first and make sure before I order. I think the thermister is attached to the fan assembly but not 100% sure though cause I cannot find the the thermister on any infinity parts brake down it shows the whole fan assembly so. Thank you very much for your help. First time seat heater problem in any vehicle I,ve worked on lol

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
in case you don't have it, here is the FSM for the seat.

worth nothing, the perforated holes in the seats can get clogged up over time and reduce the fan blower output. there is also a filter on the fan assembly that can get clogged as well.

Attachments

• SEAT FSM.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 3

Corey.mckinlay

Hey thank you so much. thats what I needed 100% now I know exactly what to test Thank you thank you the seat back thermal electric unit I believe is the problem I will swap with the drivers to see.

Corey.mckinlay

Ok so I found the part it's
873D7 1LD8A FRONT SEAT BACK THERMAL ELECTRIC DEVICE. Anyone know where I can get one on the cheap man these are an expensive part for how small and what it is geez.
2016 infinity qx80