Occasional very faint hissing on brake press 2019?

shynepo3

Hi so I’ve had a 2019 just a few weeks now and noticed a few things. Occasionally I will hear this very faint hissing noise when I brake. Seems to happen briefly and it’s very faint. If I role window down or music on, u can’t hear it, and it doesn’t last long at all. Is this normal?

Also,do any of u feelthe engine when you accelerate under the gas pedal? Like a slight grumble/vibration? Espec at higher speeds? Is somethjng wrong with the car?

I haven’t gotten a luxury suv since 06 qx56 so I don’t know how these new cars supppse to feel. Thanks for any help!

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
the hissing sound is the vacuum assist on the brake system. normal.

any vibration you should have your alignment checked at a reputable tire shop. your tires may be in need of rebalancing. any mods done to the engine or exhaust?

when you bought it did it feel this way when you test drove it? did you tell the owner or dealer (if you got it from a lot) about it? what did they say?

vibrations and such are difficult to diagnose over the internet. id recommend you take it to infiniti and have a tech drive the car and gauge their thoughts on it.

for me, ive had 2012 qx fully loaded and never had any vibrations.

shynepo3

the hissing sound is the vacuum assist on the brake system. normal.

any vibration you should have your alignment checked at a reputable tire shop. your tires may be in need of rebalancing. any mods done to the engine or exhaust?

when you bought it did it feel this way when you test drove it? did you tell the owner or dealer (if you got it from a lot) about it? what did they say?

vibrations and such are difficult to diagnose over the internet. id recommend you take it to infiniti and have a tech drive the car and gauge their thoughts on it.

for me, ive had 2012 qx fully loaded and never had any vibrations.
I appreciate you replying. It does sound like what you said, the system doing somethjng it should cause it’s so brief and faint that most people wouldn’t even hear it. My wife drives the car mainly and she never noticed.

with regards to the vibration, I’ve had imbalanced tires on my 06 qx56 back in the day, and it’s nothing close to that. im almost positive I’m just being overly picky but who knows . No mods done. Car was driven by the general sales manager of the dealership for 40k (km). I didn’t really notice on my test drive but I’m not really good at noticing these things. My qx56 was dying at this point so any car drove like a dream to me.

What I plan on doing is on my next oil change to ask the dealership to check the brake booster and verify the hiss and maybe just re balance the rims/tires to be safe? It’ll cost but at least I’ll get it done? Any other recommendations?

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
if the car is breaking fine and you are not seeing any idiot lamps then the system is fine. if you have those nany features on (auto breaking and those things - i forget the names of them) then you will hear the hissing sound all the time.

as for the vibration - the car is solid and does not vibrate, my 2012 has never had any such issues and i have 22s and HBMC. id just take it to a suspension shop and have them drive it with you riding shotgun. better is to take it to infiniti. vibrations can originate from anywhere in the car so its best to have someone local to check it out.