• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Nav system asking for disc but it's in

greg1950

Tampa FL
I have a 2001 QX4 that I purchased used but have put in A LOT of money to get in great shape. However, now the Nav system has started to ask for a navigational disc, even when it is installed. I do not care about the Nav system, but when it asks for the disc, I am unable to see the A/C controls. It does resolve within about 2-3 minutes, but I am concerned at some point, it won't. With having spent well over $13,000 in repairs I do not want to get rid of it, as I love it, but if I have to replace the unit, I so far have not found one. I have to be able to see what I am doing with the HVAC controls. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately I think you’d have to replace the nav unit. I feel very limited by the nav/ac and bose stereo. Would rather have basics so I can put what I want in mine. Love the thing though. I would be very interested in purchasing your Florida map disc if you decide you do not need it. Thanks good luck.

greg1950

Tampa FL
I would have rather had the non-Nav system also, but that is the way this came, and I liked everything else about it. I use Garmin, as the disc is from 2001. I purchased from Infiniti a new CD, which included the Program and Navigational Discs, and that fixed the problem. (I guess 17 years in summer heat took it's toll on the CD) However, the CD, the latest version, is still from 2005, so quite dated, but, now I can use my A/C controls and know what I am setting.