My G37 Convertible - the WORST car i've ever owned...

sandeeprice11

My 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible is the WORST car I've ever owned. I leased it at the end of September 2011 and since that time it has spent over 60 days in the shop.

It went into for service for the first time at 73 miles because I went to put the top up and only the passenger side locked in - the drivers side was open about 5 inches. The second time this happened was at 350 miles and the third time it had 2100 miles. The final time it went in it spent over 30 days at the dealership service center where "Master Engineers" came in to try and fix the problem.

When I final got the car back, the drivers side window no longer automatically went up when the door closed and I the automatic climate control no longer worked. In addition, the dealership has placed a 3 inch scratch in my passenger side rear window and the interior ceiling was filthy from the top being down in the shop for over 30 days.

Compounding all this is the fact that I purchased the car in Texas and have since moved to Idaho - where the closest Infiniti dealership is 250 miles away.

I have now been told by the service managers:

1. I should expect that when I bring my car to a car wash that all 4 windows will leak - the service manager actually had the audacity to tell me "To prevent the windows from leaking, you should hand wash your car - it's better for the finish" - REALLY??? He stopped short of telling me that ALL G37 convertibles leak in car washes. This is my 4th convertible and I've never had problems like this.

2. When I slow down to - say - let a car turn - and step back on the gas, it is normal that my transmission does not engage for a few seconds.

The "Customer Relations" group is another bone of contention. While they can be helpful. I am sick and tired of hearing "Well I've never heard of a car with this many problems..." Do you really think that is what I want to hear? Then, the person that they have assigned to me doesn't call me back for 1-2 WEEKS after I call him.

My car only has 3,000 miles on it and I am counting the days until my least is up and I can give it back. This is my first - and last Nissan product.

Has anyone else had ANY of these problems??

akrievins

Sorry to hear. Really sounds like you got a lemon.
Well, at least you can give it back at the end of the lease.

For the most part, I think Infiniti owners really enjoy their cars.
I'm wondering if other convertibles have similar problems?

s24deberry

Sorry to hear. Really sounds like you got a lemon.
Well, at least you can give it back at the end of the lease.

For the most part, I think Infiniti owners really enjoy their cars.
I'm wondering if other convertibles have similar problems?
Hi, I recently purchased a Pre-owned Certified 2009 G37 convertible (November 2015) from an Infiniti dealership. I haven't had any issues with the top and hopefully I won't. I've put it up and down many times as people want to see it in action. I have been curious as to why it was practically new only 32,400 actual miles and it s had 4 previous owners, me being number 5. I just registered for this forum tonight and am surprised at the complaints regarding the top. I've wanted a convertible car all my life and decided to get one. The only problem I've experienced is the Musicbox hard drive doesn't record my CD's anymore. Other than that, no issues so far. I pray my G37 convertible continue to perform as it does, BUT I did buy a 36,000 mile extended warranty so I'm covered for a while.

BuddBoy3

I have a 2012 with 26,000 miles convertible and really love the way it looks and drives. I have owned an QX4, M35X and now I have the FX35. However I am experiencing the convertible top not working. Sometimes it stops mid-way and you can't open or close. Other times the top is closed, you can not open it but when you drive you get this high pitch tone which makes you want to stop driving. Which I guess that is what it is designed to do. As I write this the car has been at the dealership for two weeks waiting for it to malfunction. Does anyone have any suggestions for contacting corporate Infiniti engineers that might could help the service tech determine the problem?

G

G-90468

I have had INFINITI 13 years the G35 sedan Manual and no mechanical issues, I am looking into buying the convertible manual, it's a really reliable vehicle mechanically, I will look into extended coverage regarding the convertible top hope those that had issues gets fixed so You can enjoy the Ride

csphelps

I bought my 2012 G37 convertible (Lapis blue) new from the dealership and have had no real problems mechanically. It is my weekend driver with only 27K miles. Learned some initial lessons about the "clunky" way the top opens and closes. At 6 months, finger slipped off the button while the top was going down and got the nice little "snake bite" marks on both sides. Other then that, the car has performed as expected. Completing some performance upgrades with new intake, coilovers, exhaust and brakes in January 2020. Adding some hydrodip engine covers to complete the look under the hood: black carbon fiber brake, battery and radiator covers with a Lapis Blue engine cover.

Ryan ragz

I bought my 2012 G37 convertible (Lapis blue) new from the dealership and have had no real problems mechanically. It is my weekend driver with only 27K miles. Learned some initial lessons about the "clunky" way the top opens and closes. At 6 months, finger slipped off the button while the top was going down and got the nice little "snake bite" marks on both sides. Other then that, the car has performed as expected. Completing some performance upgrades with new intake, coilovers, exhaust and brakes in January 2020. Adding some hydrodip engine covers to complete the look under the hood: black carbon fiber brake, battery and radiator covers with a Lapis Blue engine cover.
So that is what made those marks always wondered