• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Manufacturing location

don_p

Hi, why does Infiniti (post 2011 model year) QX56 and QX80 get built in Japan and exported into US. Is it not cheaper for Infiniti to build them in the US and avoid the foreign import customs/duties etc?

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
the patrol is what the qx and armada are now. the patrol is built in japan. makes sense to build the other models there also. no need to retool the alabama line that the old models were built from. pretty sure nissan saves more money this way, and I rather like that my car was built in japan.

Kcrebel

Tupelo, MS
the patrol is what the qx and armada are now. the patrol is built in japan. makes sense to build the other models there also. no need to retool the alabama line that the old models were built from. pretty sure nissan saves more money this way, and I rather like that my car was built in japan.
Mississippi but I'll forgive you. :)