• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

M37 Starting Issue (lag)

RCP97

Tucson, AZ
Hello everyone. Hope hope you all doing good. I have an issue and I'm hoping someone can provide some input regarding it. The M37 has a starting lag that is competently random at times. It lags at times when starting, like if the battery was low. It sometimes takes a full 3 seconds to start. Like I stated, random, because some days it starts what you would consider "normal. It's my sister's M37 so is not like I'm the one driving it all the time to find a pattern to go by when it does that but is more frequent than not. I already done the 2 obvious things. I replaced the battery and replaced the starter (boy that was fun to do:)). The battery terminals seem ok. The alternator is putting out the correct range of voltage. I do the maintenance on that vehicle so I assure you the oil is never older than 5000 miles. Not sure what else I should be checking. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx ahead.

Tony33

Hello everyone. Hope hope you all doing good. I have an issue and I'm hoping someone can provide some input regarding it. The M37 has a starting lag that is competently random at times. It lags at times when starting, like if the battery was low. It sometimes takes a full 3 seconds to start. Like I stated, random, because some days it starts what you would consider "normal. It's my sister's M37 so is not like I'm the one driving it all the time to find a pattern to go by when it does that but is more frequent than not. I already done the 2 obvious things. I replaced the battery and replaced the starter (boy that was fun to do:)). The battery terminals seem ok. The alternator is putting out the correct range of voltage. I do the maintenance on that vehicle so I assure you the oil is never older than 5000 miles. Not sure what else I should be checking. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx ahead.
I'm having the same problem with my 2012 M37. Did you figure out the issue?