Infiniti FX35 AWD - performance in the snow?

Billion Dollar Boy

Looking at maybe purchasing a 2009 Infiniti FX35 AWD. I live in NY and we get some snowy months. How does the FX35 hold up in snow?

At first, I assumed because it was AWD it would be a good "all weather" vehicle - but then I read a review from an owner who complained he was sliding all over the road, even on slow driving (in the snow). BUT - it could of been because he was using 20" rims and not the standard 18??

Anyone have any experience driving one of these in the snow?

bluemonkey

i live in idaho, and its snowing right now... have had my 05 for like 4 years now, it works great,, no problems, just run the right tires not the performance low profile ones in winter

freakyhair

Portland, OR
A bit late into this thread, but....

I have the 20" (or 21"?) wheels on our '10. I purchased Blizzaks for the winter to go snowboarding in the mountains, and have had NO problems mushing through considerable snow and ice.

brguzz

We got are 2011.5 just as the winter was finishing up and the even with the 21-inch rims and stock tires it handles fairly well. Just hit the snow button on the centre console to transfer power 50% to front and 50% to the rear and your all set. Best of luck.

Bernieoa

Bucharest
I've just recently bought a 2006 FX35 with 20k miles and it's been snowing crazy in Bucharest lately. Unfortunately thus far I've not had a good performance from this car which has been stuck thrice now on the road with only the back wheels spinning freely in attempt to move forward or backward and no sign of the front wheels engaged in any way despite the snow button switched on. It's been an embarrassment to think this is an AWD and have it pushed out of stuck position manually with lots of shoveling of snow to aid it. Btw the tyres on it are "all season" on 20" rims. I'm right now doubting how exactly the AWD on this vehicle functions, are the back wheels with all 100% power? Should this not be 2WD instead of AWD? I'll like to know if anyone out there had similar experience and what was done to resolve this? Any recommendation knowing one does not the option or luxury of locking or switching the drives like other 4WD, 4x4, etc?

StonedCL

Got my wife a 2011 FX35 because we live up a hill and the TSX was not cutting it.. The FX35 awd is great in the snow..

I work at Ramsey Infiniti and we have about 6 2009 pre owned Fx's ranging from 33K certified and up .. Take a look at our website and if you see anything you like give me a call at work.. My name is Matt.. i'll hook u up!

Veritas13

I've just recently bought a 2006 FX35 with 20k miles and it's been snowing crazy in Bucharest lately. Unfortunately thus far I've not had a good performance from this car which has been stuck thrice now on the road with only the back wheels spinning freely in attempt to move forward or backward and no sign of the front wheels engaged in any way despite the snow button switched on. It's been an embarrassment to think this is an AWD and have it pushed out of stuck position manually with lots of shoveling of snow to aid it. Btw the tyres on it are "all season" on 20" rims. I'm right now doubting how exactly the AWD on this vehicle functions, are the back wheels with all 100% power? Should this not be 2WD instead of AWD? I'll like to know if anyone out there had similar experience and what was done to resolve this? Any recommendation knowing one does not the option or luxury of locking or switching the drives like other 4WD, 4x4, etc?
I think you may have the rear-wheel drive FX35 and not the All Wheel Drive model. The "Snow" button only reduces throttle sensitivity.

G

G-799931

I have a 2008 fx35 and it drives horrible in the snow and rain.. it’s like it’s losing traction and is hard to keep control unless I’m going 45 mph and even that’s too fast!! I’m not feeling this car!!