I30 Stalling and Acceleration Problem

jbravo8212

Hello,

We have a 2000 Infinity I30. It is idling erratically and occasionally stalling when the car is not in motion. Also if you punch the accelerator and have it downshift gears to rapidly gain speed the engine bog's down and will not let you accelerate. You can accelerate but it has to be done slowly.

We have read that it would be all kinds of things. We were wondering since we have the stalling problem and the acceleration problem if those two are linked and if there is a common denominator that would be aiding in the problems.

The check engine light comes on and goes off periodically. The problem is consistent whether the engine light is off or on. We did get a reading and the code was P0134. It gave us an oxygen sensor fault. The the problem that i am having is if it was an O2 sensor wouldn't we be getting horrible gas mileage? The gas mileage hasn't changed at all since we have had the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John and Marci

Dj Elite

Good luck. I hope you guys figure it out. I'm thinking about buying a 99' I30 this weekend, but after reading all this idle issues...im becoming kind of skeptical.

infinit driver

Hello,

We have a 2000 Infinity I30. It is idling erratically and occasionally stalling when the car is not in motion. Also if you punch the accelerator and have it downshift gears to rapidly gain speed the engine bog's down and will not let you accelerate. You can accelerate but it has to be done slowly.

We have read that it would be all kinds of things. We were wondering since we have the stalling problem and the acceleration problem if those two are linked and if there is a common denominator that would be aiding in the problems.

The check engine light comes on and goes off periodically. The problem is consistent whether the engine light is off or on. We did get a reading and the code was P0134. It gave us an oxygen sensor fault. The the problem that i am having is if it was an O2 sensor wouldn't we be getting horrible gas mileage? The gas mileage hasn't changed at all since we have had the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John and Marci

Mite be one of two things if not both check UR fuel injectors an your connecters that go to spark plugs could use some electrical cleaner take each one off spray them down an it mite help but be careful not to brake connecters cus then u have to tape them back on u kind of don't want that.
Well hope this helps g/l

A_Train

I had the same issue fixed on my 01 I30. I had searched all the forums for info. Ended up taking to Nissan Dealer:) because the Infiniti dealer:mad: I bought the car new from couldn't find the problem. But anyway needed to have the Mass Air Flow Meter , Volume Air and Element AS replaced. Now she runs like new. :D

Trickplay461

Mass Air Flow Sensor

Very high chance the Mass Air Flow sensor is the problem. This sensor effects the air mixture to the engine. Mine went bad and the engine was starved for air. Made it seem as tho I had tranny problems, as the engine would not rev properly and would seem to misstep when passing other vehicles...as though the tranny did not shift properly. Buy it on Ebay and save some serious cash. Hope it helps...:D

flewis99

Sluggish take off and hold back on acceleration

I had very similar problems on my 2000 i30t, when I start it in the morning, winter or summer, the car was sluggish and not wanting to take off. After what seemed like a minute or so it finally caught up and go. Then when on the interstate and opening it up I felt it hold back before shifting to the next gear. I cleaned the MAF and it seemed to be better, but it has reoccurred every few months. Does this sound like the MAF needs to be replaced? Thanks in advance for your replies.