I key issue

Graylantern

08 fx35 is having issues all of a sudden with both sets of I key(fob). No rhyme or reason but sometimes I can open and lock doors and start the car without removing the mechanical key from fob. Then other times nothing works or I can start car but can’t lock it without manually doing so.
I have tried my other fob/key and having the same issues. I changed batteries on both and even changed fuse in the fuse box just to be sure.
I haven’t gone to the dealer yet because they want to charge me 200 bucks to take a look, and I’d rather not spend the money if it is an easy fix.
Thanks.

Does that year key FOB have a light that indicates the FOB is sending the command? It's possible that if you used batteries from the same batch, they've all expired. This just happened to me. So maybe try a known/fresh battery as a last resort?

Graylantern

Does that year key FOB have a light that indicates the FOB is sending the command? It's possible that if you used batteries from the same batch, they've all expired. This just happened to me. So maybe try a known/fresh battery as a last resort?

Graylantern

Thank you very much for your reply. I did put in new batteries into it. But it didn’t work. I did find out from the dealer that sometimes if you have issues with your battery or it needs to be replaced that that is an issue that could cause this.