• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

I have a 2001 Infiniti QX4 and recently I'm having the problem of it not...

Tajts

...starting after the engine is hot? The engine rotates but wont turn. When it cools down after 45 min-1 hr, then it starts with no problem. I've also had the check engine light on for quite a while with a P0420 OBD-II code (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) but I'm not sure that this is related to the problem of not starting when the engine is hot. I've also noticed that after driving on the highway, when i release the gas, the RPM fluctuates up and down for a short while then slowly drops off to normal. Is this related??

smokey

you should probably have it checked out at a dealership

bobweb

Hot engines are hard to start when they're too rich or flooded with fuel which would account for problems with your catalytic converter that has to burn the excess fuel in the exhaust. A cold engine start needs extra gas, but a hot engine start doesn't. The fuel vaporizes well when it's hot. So I would have a fuel pressure gauge test done to see if your fuel injectors were leaking fuel into the cylinders. Also check the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor and make sure your air filter is flowing the required volume of air to the engine.