Fuel gauge

Bradc

Reaction score
Hey guys my 2012 fx35 quit the other day and it was a bad fuel pump. Changed fuel pump and it runs fine however fuel gauge would read full or overfill all the time and only drop to 3/4 of a tank with 450 km put on witch would make it more like a 1/4 tank remaining. I changed the second sending unit in the tank and still the same. Any ideas on where to look next?
thanks

jrm5f2

Reaction score
Hey guys my 2012 fx35 quit the other day and it was a bad fuel pump. Changed fuel pump and it runs fine however fuel gauge would read full or overfill all the time and only drop to 3/4 of a tank with 450 km put on witch would make it more like a 1/4 tank remaining. I changed the second sending unit in the tank and still the same. Any ideas on where to look next?
thanks
When you changed the pump did you install it correctly? Is the level arm position correctly in the tank? If all that is correct it maybe an issue with fuel gauge in the speedometer cluster. If you have a scan tool you should be able to read the signal that the fuel leveler is sending the computer. Also is the fuel sender oem or aftermarket?