ECM

Flozell88

2011 QX 56. Around 120k on miles. Got a issue with “supposedly” my ECM. A P062B code came up, after I had to have a BCM flash for a rear suspension compressor that I put on. Apparently the car didn’t recognize. After I pulled away from the dealer is when all hell broke loose. The car would die out at stop lights. Finally a SES light popped up giving me something to chase down. Well darn, had to be the ECM. What a coincidence.

Off to the dealership! FUn fact: I hate the dealerships. Overpriced and they just swap parts. Turns out the wiring harness is bad too! $5,500 dollars later my car is ready to be picked up. Swapped out ECM engine harness, new ECM and new ECM relay. I asked for all the parts back. As should you if you have to deal with the dealership. Just to ensure the work was done. They are having a hard time locating my ECM they removed. Yet another coincidence.

Has anyone else had the luck that I have had with the QX56?

primov8

NYC
You're the first I've heard of the BCM having to be flashed, specifically for the rear suspension compressor. When mine went out on my '14 QX80, I replaced it with a new unit and I just followed the reset procedure via the service manual and my scan tool.

I did the same for a friend's '08 QX56 when his compressor went out. Just about plug and play.

Flozell88

I question everything this dealership has done. This whole thing started with a dead battery. And has just snowballed into this.

Flozell88

Dealer said BCM needed flashed. Said they had to reset the ride height after I installed the new compressor.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
EDIT -- i guess i understand what they did after re reading your initial post.

what you can do to the bcm is change parameters, but these parameters already exist in the bcm because the bcm is running certain "software" that pertains to a specific vehicle trim. example, i had the bcm set to lock my doors when the car was in drive and when i put the car in park it would unlock the doors. this involves changing a setting in the bcm. in this case there is no "flashing", just connecting to the bcm with the consult tool and selecting MODE 2 from the factory MODE 1.

typically when a bcm is faulty, they are replaced if they fail certain "checks".

when replacing the bcm with a new one, it has to be "flashed" with the consult software that pertains to that specific vehicle trim. in your case, i guess they tried to "reflash" the bcm to i guess try and "reset" things. its possible the bcm, is faulty or perhaps the wiring harness has lost some continuity. difficult to say since none of us are there. :)

anyway, appreciate you posting. keep the class updated on your results.

Flozell88

Well after I got the car back, it is running much better. No sputtering or dogging out. Seems to have fixed the issue. I did request the ECM and harness just to play with. It was a huge price to pay, but I’m happy with how it’s running now. So all in all I had the ECM, ECM wiring harness, ECM relay replaced with new.

Well we’re back at it again! Now brake pedal is humming every 3rd brake press. Is this normal?

Flozell88

of course this it not normal. take it back. ;)
I’m afraid to. I can live with a humming noise if to fix it will be the cost of my first born. I scheduled a ride along with one of the service professionals....🤣. We shall see. Tune in tomorrow with the results!