DVD screen compatibility

Qxfam

Having issues with entertainment system. I had one dvd screen not working right, so I purchased another one used from a 2013 QX (mine is 2011) and it looks identical, the connector fits but nothing lights up. I contacted the seller, but I was told that the one I bought is for the 13 only, that for 2011-2012 is a different part, is that accurate? The connectors look identical, the vehicle connector is working properly, I swapped the other screen to verify it.

Has anyone fitted a newer screen onto an older QX?

Thank you for your help.

Having issues with entertainment system. I had one dvd screen not working right, so I purchased another one used from a 2013 QX (mine is 2011) and it looks identical, the connector fits but nothing lights up. I contacted the seller, but I was told that the one I bought is for the 13 only, that for 2011-2012 is a different part, is that accurate? The connectors look identical, the vehicle connector is working properly, I swapped the other screen to verify it.

Has anyone fitted a newer screen onto an older QX?

Thank you for your help.
Ok, got it figured out. They are not compatible unless you swap components inside.