dvd player in the middle console how do I play dvd movies?

arcolino

hello all, I just bought a infiniti m35x I notice it has a dvd player in the middle console, I put a movie it and pressed disk, but nothing happens it there something else I need to do? can I play movies what is the dvd player for?

by the way the nav cd player is in the glove box, so different player not to be confused with the dvd player.

arcolino

ok I figured it out, not only the car has to be in park, you need to have the parking break on. what if the passenger wants to watch movie while driving. Should be an override for that.

mattiv

help for dvd

Hi. I have a 2006 m35x. If you want to watch it on the front screen you have to put the car in park and put the emergency brake on before it works. It's a safety mechanism.

arcolino

Hi. I have a 2006 m35x. If you want to watch it on the front screen you have to put the car in park and put the emergency brake on before it works. It's a safety mechanism.
yup I figured it out thanks, it would be cool if passenger could watch while driver drives. I also found a post where you can over ride it, but I dont think I will try it.

tbuendia

Miami
bypass/relay

I had the same issue even with the nav system, it would not let me manipulate the nav while driving, so I took it to the shop I always take it to install my audio system and they did what it's called a bypass or relay which allows me to manipulate the nav and watch my dvd's whilevI drive.

arcolino

I had the same issue even with the nav system, it would not let me manipulate the nav while driving, so I took it to the shop I always take it to install my audio system and they did what it's called a bypass or relay which allows me to manipulate the nav and watch my dvd's whilevI drive.
what city are you in? around how much did it cost you?

cyberfish2

DVD & Nav override?

what city are you in? around how much did it cost you?
I, too, am very much interested in the answer to this. I'm picking up my 2006 M35 today @ Carmax. This is my first Infiniti, and first post on this forum.
I won't watch DVD's while driving, but my passenger should certainly be able to do so, and/or set an address while underway on the Nav gps.:)

Elena070

Hi, I am a new car owner and just purchased a Infiniti m35/45 and was wondering how I would be able to play movies from my front screen. I tried to look in my owners manual and looked into it myself but just can’t find anything. When I look in my car all there is, is cd, compact flash, aux, iPod, and music box. I would just like to know if I could play movies or not. Thank you