Choppy acceleration

darrinswait

So this is weird...the car runs fine. It's a 2000 I30t. I say fine instead of normal, because normal for this car is...different. Regardless, I digress. It starts as usual, it idles as usual and runs down the highway just fine. However, when I try to accelerate anything above a "nominal" increase, it's almost as if the transmission cuts in and out. But maybe it's the engine? Either way, it actually acts as if a rev limiter is at it's limit (though it could not be anywhere near) and the car will not accelerate until I back way off of the pedal and then try to "sneak up" on it, accelerating very gently. I thought it was the transmission fluid level, so I checked it and added some because it was low. And it seemed to help for a while, but after two consecutive 600mi. trips, it's doing it again, and it seems worse when it's warmed up, not so bad when the engine is cold. Suggestions? :confused:

Sharky808

Engine lights? Almost feels like a spark plug or coil issue. One of my trucks coil was bad and sputtered (no engine light). Only did that when I was at cruising speed and trying to accel a little. At idle it'll rev and run fine just under slight load it would buck

2000i30tGuyAndgGal

so i dunno how much research u have done but there is a tcm problem with that year i guess there was a recall and probably alot of people who had the car didnt ever really try and get on it that hard so i would check the tcm