• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Brake problem after pad change

darrinswait

Just changed the rear pads, rotor and caliper on the RR of my 2000 I30t. Now that I have them changed, and bled, and master cylinder full, the pedal feels as if I have no brakes at all. (I do, but I have to push the pedal waaaaaay down.)
So, what gives? Is there an adjustment that I need to do, and if so, what and how? I would really appreciate some help as my wife needs the car this weekend and I gotta get it fixed! Thanks!:confused:

darrinswait

Update

Okay, so 40 people looked at my post but no one answers? What gives? Well anyway, I bled the brakes again and this helped the pedal a LOT, but now...the RR wheel does not spin as freely as it should and I can smell the brakes getting hot. However, I've driven it a bit and it seems to be doing okay. I'm not happy with it, but "wheel see." If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.:D

buzzking

It is most likely air in the brake lines.
Bleeding your car helped.
Now drive the car and brake hard multiple times, then try bleeding the brake lines again.
You will see more air come out.
Continue doing that until you are happy and the brakes should be more responsive each time.
I don't think you'll have to do it more than 2~3 times tops if you are doing it correctly.
Also, refer to the manual to determine which caliper to bleed first, it is very important that you do not bleed them in a random order.