• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Audio Input solutions 2012 g37

automatt

Hey guys I'm new to this forums and did a quick search and couldn't find anything. But anyway I have a quick question hopefully someone can answer.

My future brother in-law just bought a 2012 g37x and was shocked (just as everyone else) that the only audio input for this car is the ipod usb input... SO my question is.

What have you done to get around this? Radio input adapters that have a tendency to have sucky audio? do the dockboss cables work? has anyone gotten the Bluetooth adapter for the ipod dock/cable to work?

Any input would help.
Thanks

bobert727

I have 2012 G25 that has a USB port in the console between the front seats. So I downloaded all my music (I have a lot live concerts) put it in a 64 gig thumb drive and plugged it into the USB port. Now when I go to AUX on the radio console I can see my music. The 64 gig drive was only $49 at Best Buy. Smaller ones are even cheaper.

Not sure this is what you were looking for but it is a way to get all the music you would ever want to listen to into the car

jmorales5922

I have the same issue. With my 2010 g37. I only have a USB plug. So it does not work with my Samsung galaxy note 3. I had an iPhone before so this wasn't an issue.

So I purchased this : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094G44PS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_T1HOsb0EAQZ0S
People have said it works, I just ordered it so I plan to plug it into the USB cord that goes into the USB slot in the center console and then pair it with my android. I hope it works I'll update you.

jmorales5922

Update. The device did not work, it does work for regular docks but the car needs to identify it as an ipod before it starts playing anything. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy myself an ipod touch and just tether off to it.

cleavines01

Solved!!!

For the first time ever!
How to get BLUETOOTH AUDIO from your PHONE to your NON NAVIGATION INFINITY.
NO its NOT a $150 GROM unit!
It's totally free!
Donations accepted if you like/use the method I discovered and have the spare cash. Asking 6 bucks. $1 dollar for every month it took me to figure this out LOL.

Step 1. Connect your phone to the car Bluetooth for call Audio. You probably already have this set up. If so, make sure your Bluetooth is on connected to the car.

Step 2. Download an app called Discord, and create an account. This is a great app for chatting with gamers. I use it for chatting about stocks.

Step 3. Open the sidebar on the left side of the screen. This is where your chat rooms are located. At the bottom there is a plus sign inside of a circle.

Step 4. click on the plus sign..

Step 5. You are now presented with an option to join or create a server. Give your server name and click create at the bottom.

Step 6. In the left-hand side bar click on your newly created server.

Step 7. You are not presented with options for text and voice channels. Under voice channels click General.

VOILA! You will be the only person in your voice chat room and your phone will initiate a data-based phone call. The vehicle will see it as an actual phone call and the timer will start on your cars center console. You can now switch apps and play any audio or video and the audio will stream to your car speakers.

If you actually receive a phone call while this is going on you will be able to answer it because Discord is not actually using your phone line!

6 bucks for the discovery and write-up
Honor system

paypal.me/Leavines/6

Attachments