• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2000 I30 Instrument Cluster

chriswinders

My instrument cluster would intermittently stop working for a few minutes or several hours. Now it has stopped altogether. Radio and temperature controls work fine. The Inifiniti mechanic thinks it is the bulbs and wants about $500 to see but that might not be the problem. It could be the entire cluster. My concern is that it doesnt seem likely for bulbs to go on and off intermittently (dont they work on a filament which would be broken or not?) and that it is something electrical. I dont want to pay that kind of money for, "oh thats not it, lets try something else, oh thats not it.....". Would love some advice/input.

mayur914

Does your mileage show or it doesn't? You can actually take the cluster our yourself it's pretty easy. It's just removing the two screws on the top of the bezel. Removing the bezel and removing the cluster. You can also go on maxima.org they also give you a detailed way on what to check for if your cluster may not be working.

DS410

What "bezel" are you referring to? I have a few dash lights that have been out for quite a while - just not worth the cost of a dealer doing it. So, is this bezel the "key" to getting at the dash lights? Can they be replaced easily? Can you also help me get at the lights for the clock and radio - they're out too.

Thanks.

mayur914

What "bezel" are you referring to? I have a few dash lights that have been out for quite a while - just not worth the cost of a dealer doing it. So, is this bezel the "key" to getting at the dash lights? Can they be replaced easily? Can you also help me get at the lights for the clock and radio - they're out too.

Thanks.
Yeah you can the bezel is the black part to get to the gauge cluster (instrument cluster) you would have to take out the screws from the top of the bezel. There is detailed description on how to do it at the maxima.org. just pm me at mayur914 here or on maxima.org. because im on both forums. I did actually take mine out also to put in led light because they use up less energy than standard on in your instrument cluster.

chriswinders

Does your mileage show or it doesn't? You can actually take the cluster our yourself it's pretty easy. It's just removing the two screws on the top of the bezel. Removing the bezel and removing the cluster. You can also go on maxima.org they also give you a detailed way on what to check for if your cluster may not be working.
No. The mileage does not show. The entire cluster just stops working then begins working again. Sometimes out for seconds, sometimes for hours.