• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2010 G37" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2010 G37" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

12 qx56 iPhone screen mirroring

alikk23

Has anyone installed any device to mirror iPhone on the multimedia center screen? I would like to use google maps and waze or Spotify from the main screen.

marctronixx

Staff member
Los Angeles
This has been asked across several forums I frequent, and there is nothing OEM that will do that,. If you JUST want to see the phone on the screen as a display only ( i.e. not being able to touch the screen) you can use the video inputs on the AV system. I dont have an iphone but you should be able to find a multimedia adapter for the iphone that spits out baseband video and L/R audio...

There are aftermarket options that involve adding an aftermarket radio. You can retain some functionality of the stock system but that’s not all guaranteed.

Also, you should stop by a local radio ship in your area and ask if they can fabricate something. If you throw enough money at something you can make anything happen.. :)

QXBon

I have the VL2 version of the module. I've had it for months now and it works perfectly for either CarPlay or Android Auto. The only negative so far is that it is not wireless for either one. You have to plug in an Iphone or an Android phone. That being said, it is a standalone Android device that just needs an internet connection for the Waze and Google Maps apps to work without your phone plugged in.

QXBon

Any reputable car stereo shop can install the module. I had mine installed by one.You have two choices with regards to the placement of the module. Either behind the headunit which is hidden and in the glove compartment. Should you decide behind the headunit, make sure to have a hard reset button installed just in case the device needs rebooting. Have the car stereo shop call the vendor for installation if you're iffy about the installation.

gtg413i

I just did this. Use anycast $30 and then an hdmi to svideo converter $20 and choose the dvd auxiliary input. When you mirror your screen it plays in color on the front screen fully and also the audio. The quality is ok at best. The rear screen will be black and white. Tuck all the adapters in the glovebox. I also have the naviks video in motion option which iirc was about $200.

Meant tuck the items in the center console. I ran a couple usbs there after tapping the center console rear factory 12volt outlet.