infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: 2012 QX56 - P062B code - Sputtering and loss of power

Old 07-18-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmphillips View Post
Cleaned the battery, cleaned the ECM conncetions, SES light come back on yesterday. Loss of power going up hills. What kind of symptoms does a bad catalytic converter give?
Cleaned battery, but didn't change it out for a new one? I doubt that's it at this point, unless it's somehow freaking out the computer (that's tech talk). I've had batteries going bad that made a watch run faster instead of slowing/stopping.

Bad cats would give bad gas mileage, and I'm sure the cat related codes would be thrown.

Later,
pjdavep
Old 07-20-2018, 09:05 AM

The battery tested good and passed the battery load test.
The vehicle is at the dealership now. Im getting a 2nd opinion about it all. Hard for me to believe that both harnesses and the ECM are all bad.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:28 AM

I had a similar problem with my 2013 QX56. I was getting some crazy ECM codes because the volts were low. The battery checked out Ok so I started to monitor the volts with the gauge and a live/bluetooth OBDII app. The alternator was constantly turning off and never fully charging my battery. The dealer acknowledge the problem and did something with the idle that helped a little.
Ultimately, I leave the headlights on which always keeps my volts at 13.7. I would recommend that you look at the volts gauge when it starts and then after 3-4 minutes of driving. If the volts drop way down, trying turning on the headlights.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:19 AM

So your qx56 was sputtering and losing power due to low voltage? I think our daytime running lights are always on when we drive but I will double check that. Did you mean day time running lights or regular night time head lights?

Thank you for your input. I have had little luck trying to fins anyone that has had my same problem.

Replaced the ECM & EGI Wiring Harness. $3500.00 and the problem has not returned. Also had the catalytic converter location modified. We cleaned out the insides of the original cat and welded in a new cat down the exhaust a little bit so that in the future we would not have to replace the entire exhaust manifold because of cat issues. Relocated both sensors as well.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 AM

Default Cost of Repair?

I'm having the exact problem and I replaced my ECU and the code P062B came back again. Do you happen to know what part number it was that you replaced and the cost of the repair?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:04 AM

Also had the catalytic converter location modified. We cleaned out the insides of the original cat and welded in a new cat down the exhaust a little bit so that in the future we would not have to replace the entire exhaust manifold because of cat issues. Relocated both sensors as well.[/QUOTE]

Hey RBM, can you disclose specifics, like parts used and/or snap a pic or two of the Catalytic converter modification?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keketd View Post
I'm having the exact problem and I replaced my ECU and the code P062B came back again. Do you happen to know what part number it was that you replaced and the cost of the repair?
We replaced the ECM AND EGI Wiring harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstark View Post
Also had the catalytic converter location modified. We cleaned out the insides of the original cat and welded in a new cat down the exhaust a little bit so that in the future we would not have to replace the entire exhaust manifold because of cat issues. Relocated both sensors as well.
Hey RBM, can you disclose specifics, like parts used and/or snap a pic or two of the Catalytic converter modification?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I will upload pics today.