infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Replacement Tires

Old 02-18-2014, 03:28 PM

I have the 22's also and they are terrible. The OEM tires wore out in 15,000 miles. I replaced them with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas that were slightly different in size (285/45/22 which are .7" smaller diameter) but had a higher tread wear rating. I have 36000 miles on my truck now and I need my third set of tires. I'll never buy 22" wheels again.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM

I got an AMAZING 50k out of my OEMs (20inch) tires... purchased the same brand, as the Michelin's were to expensive in my opinion. They might be a little noisier than Michelin's, but they held up pretty well in my book.

We had a ton of snow last week, and the "Beast" held up fine, while other cars/trucks were spinning out all over the place.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughyear View Post
I got an AMAZING 50k out of my OEMs (20inch) tires... purchased the same brand, as the Michelin's were to expensive in my opinion. They might be a little noisier than Michelin's, but they held up pretty well in my book.

We had a ton of snow last week, and the "Beast" held up fine, while other cars/trucks were spinning out all over the place.
I vented to the guy at Infiniti and he said the low profile 22" are a problem but the 20" seem fine. Not sure why that is. Maybe the low profile don't give as much??
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 AM
SUPER MODERATOR

ive 22s on a 2012 and at 28K miles and tread is still good.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:05 AM

Default 20 inch tires recommendations?

What tires have everyone replaced the oem with on the 20" wheels?
I'm still running the Blizzaks from winter trying to find a better all around tire so I don't have to make the summer/winter tire swap twice annually.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
OEM tires were useless in snow and ice so I won't be going back on that route...
Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM

I have not had to replace my stock tires, but when I did drive with them in the snow they weren't bad. I know they are low profile tires that are 9.5" wide. On my old Yukon Denali, I ran Michelin LTX M/S all season tires and loved how they handled in all weather conditions. No road noise, and great tread wear.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:38 AM

Thanks for that. I've driven in the KS snow over the years. Miss KC every day!!!
I will check those tires out.
As I said in a previous thread the qx factory 20" tires won't hold. Not so bad going down the street but in parking lots it will push right through a turn into a parking spot for instance and then the rear end catches up and overcorrects. It's kind of scary if you aren't really careful and mind you that I don't corner or turn fast when its snowing. I will try to upload a video from last winter where you can see the qx push straight through a curve doing around 10-12 mph and then it gains traction.
I wish I could remember what goodyear tires I had on our Tahoe. They were excellent in all road conditions. It could be the AWD for all I know creating the issue.
Blizzaks are the ticket for snow and ice for sure but I'm certain they won't hold up to summer driving in the heat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZQSDQheVc

Here is the video of the QX pushing through a turn...
Old 03-09-2015, 11:16 PM

Default Intro and a Tire Question

Greetings.

New owner of a CPO 2014 4WD QX80, Silver/Graphite. Should be arriving next week. Theater package and tire and wheel package. Will be the "big brother" to our 2013 M37x. Really excited.

Question: Absent swapping out the 22" rims for the 20" rims, has anyone figured a decent solution for tires for the 22" OEM wheels? Not really a fan of the Bridgestone tires. There's an older thread on here about going with 305/45r22 or 285/45r22s. But there aren't a ton of good options there, either, from what I can tell.

Would love an all-terrain tire, though there's not a lot of sidewall with which to work. Not sure I want pay $400+ for Nitto Terra Grapplers, though.

Thoughts welcome!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 PM

Default Intro and a Tire Question

Hello all.

New owner of a CPO 2014 QX80 4WD in Silver/Graphite. Theater package and tire and wheel package. Excited about taking delivery next week.

Question: Has anyone come to a pretty good solution with respect to tires for the 22" wheels? A quick check of Tirerack shows very few options for the OEM tire size. I'd love an all-terrain option, but the Nitto Terra Grapplers are just ridiculously expensive (and slightly out of spec).

Is the best option to work a swap with someone who has 20" wheels? Is there another option for a different tire profile that works well on these vehicles?

Thanks!
-L
Old 03-11-2015, 09:18 AM

It's crazy to see the variance in what people are getting from their tires. Mine are due for replacement soon, but I'm at nearly 80k miles. I never thought I'd get that out of 22" tires, but they're still just above the treadwear indicators and the service department gave me another 5k before they recommended changing them.

We don't get nearly as much snow in SW TN as the rest of you, but the beast handled extremely well in the .5" of ice and 7" of snow we got last week. There's no salting or effort to clear the back roads either, so we had a solid 4 days of snow and ice to deal with.

I'm probably going the Costco route when I replace them. It's hard to pass up the service after install and the price is on par with the best deals I can find elsewhere.

Tags
qx56, tires