infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Windshield washer fluid low warning message still on

Old 03-12-2018, 02:59 PM

Warning came on earlier today. Refilled the reservoir completely. Got back in and warning is still coming back on at every startup.
Ideas? Solutions?

Removed negative battery cable when I got home for a few seconds and replaced. That seems to have cleared the issue for now anyway.

ItÂ’s back. Any ideas? I assume this would be covered under warranty but I hate to make that 2 hour drive if itÂ’s something I can do.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:27 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

smoke over thuis thread here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/winter-wa...m-t618351.html

its on another site i frequent.

have you used "rain-x" brand fluid in there? if so, it could have damaged the sensor.

or, could just be the sensor itself.

check the obd for any codes if you are able to...

Old 03-15-2018, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the info. I have a service appt scheduled for noon tomorrow at Infiniti.
I have used Rain x once maybe twice in the past. In both the 12 and 15 year models we have owned. I prefer the Prestone brand but all are the extreme weather versions rated to -40. As a matter of fact after most all oil changes I empty the 32 and up fluid and replace with the -40 fluid. I have done this with every vehicle I have owned since that type of fluid became available all those years ago.
I will update the thread with what I find out. I did confirm the repair would be covered under warranty whatever that repair entails.
To note the warning has come on before and I refilled with the -40 fluid and warning goes away as it should.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Visit to dealer was unproductive. No codes. Warning light went away about half way to the dealer and hasn't returned. They suggested replacing the tank sensor which will require a half day per them since the front end has to come off to access it. I actually think they could just remove the inner fender well but whatever. I haven't set it up since the warning went away but will if it comes back.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:03 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

LOL figured that would happen...

my guess is yes its the sensor that has fallen victim to some washer solvent. in time it may decide to get worse.

id get it replaced because that nag lamp will piss you off if you dont let them swap it out....
Old 03-24-2018, 12:28 AM

Agreed. I'm taking the wait and see approach for the moment. I've got until January before warranty expires. By that time we may have traded for a new one so time will tell...