infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q45 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Need assistance with Q45

Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 AM

Default Need assistance with Q45

I posted this on another Q45 forum and looking for help so thought I would post this here as well..

I have a 2002 Q45 that has 82,000 miles. Car is in excellent condition and is garage kept. No accidents, not mishaps, etc. Rarely driven at all as you can tell by the mileage.

Recently the SRS Airbag light came on and is blinking. When put into self-diags it codes as one long flash then three short flashes repeatedly. I have double-checked this and it seems to indicate inTrouble Diagnosis that this is "Front LH seat belt pre-tensioner" which I am not sure why it would just fail from sitting in my garage.

I also ran and OBD scanner on it (not CONSULT II) and the OBD scanner is showing an error on FR RH belt pre-tensioner Disconnect which I am thinking why is the ODB showing the opposite side than the self-diag is reporting? Also, I cannot clear the code so I am thinking something is disconnected or faulty.

The pre-tensioners are located in the pillars along with the satelite sensor and then seem to connect to the diagnosis sensor under the center console. My question is what usually goes wrong with these and what should I look I really look at? The circuit seems simple enough and they tell you to check the harness first, but what harness? The pretensioner harness is never moved in the center pillar so what would go wrong with that? I don't see why you would check the seat harness unless it can affect the pre-tensioner in the pillar? If so, I can certainly pull the seat out and check all the wiring, but don't want to waste time in the wrong areas.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I hate to simply throw parts at this and don't want to go to the dealer for something simple that I can resolve.