infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

Notices

Infiniti Forum: 2011 qx56 rear suspension question....

Old 10-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Default 2011 qx56 rear suspension question....

OK...So I've read through post after post and I've decided to ditch my auto suspension and go manual on my qx56 after what happened a couple of days ago.
The air tank for the rear suspension blew up a few days ago and I don't even want to bother with it anymore,so I've decided to buy the firestone airbags and rancho 9000XL shocks.The rear suspension was all replaced by the dealer not even 2yrs old.
But anyways,while I was underneath the qx trying to unplug the compressor to stop it from coming on when the car is started I noticed the airline were just hanging there and I thought what if I could get an air valve that will fit into the air line and manually inflate the bags without air coming back out ?
Of course,this will be a temporary fix till my parts are in to be swapped out or see how long it will last.
My question is,has anybody manually inflate their airbags and what fittings were used ? This won't be much different from the auto setup except I'm manually doing it this time.Of course,I will take into consideration the level and psi needed.I don't tow or haul anything.
Any help or tips will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:42 PM

no experience with that, but if your pump burned out, it's because there was a leak and your pump had to run too much (happened to me on my 2011). so, even if you manually inflate, unless the leak was only at the pump, your rear end is still gonna sag. i had my pump replaced and just assume i will do it again in a few years, as the leaks for me were at the pump and at the shocks (esp in the winter). or i will replace o-rings in the lines. but that takes effort.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:58 AM

^^^ I have the feeling it wasn't a leak but probably the sensor become faulty and pumped the airbags too much than recommended and the pump end up exploding.It actually blew off where the lines go in.I can post a picture later on.
Anyways,anybody has an idea the recommended fill up psi for the suspension airbags ?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:02 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

if you get the service manual (avail free online) you can get this answer.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:46 AM

If anybody know the psi on top of their head and don't mind sharing,I will appreciate it.
I'm baffled that I can't seem to find this psi number.
Thanks.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:24 AM

If anyone is looking for a new factory Infiniti compressor, I have one for sale. I replaced mine because it was leaking, but then decided to trade my QX in. I put the leaky one back in and kept the good one.

I'll make someone a deal. Send me a PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:21 PM

^^^^ Thanks man but I want to for go the whole auto/compressor setup and go manual,that is pump the airbags myself and buy rancho shocks.
My whole suspension setup is not even 2yrs old and it gave out.I'm not falling for it the third time.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:51 PM

i thought about doing that but then i'd lose the HBMC, which didn't seem like a good trade.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:17 PM

Yeah,I could understand.
Mine is all done now,I have my ride height back.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 AM

lucky you. mine still goes up and down. hopefully the new pump lasts 5 years like the old one!