infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Compact CUV Forums > Infiniti QX50 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: 2013 QX50 Squealing Brakes

Old 01-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Question 2013 QX50 Squealing Brakes

My fiance' bought this car brand new. It is just shy of 20,000 miles. One day as she was coming to a stop, she heard this embarrassing gut wrenching noise coming from her brakes. The next stop she came to did the exact same thing. Of course, she calls me while I am in a meeting freaking out about this noise that her vehicle is making. I calmed her down and assured her that I would take a look at it. As soon as I was free, I did a brake check. Keep in mind that I am a mechanically inclined kind of guy. One of my passions is fixing things. I took off down the road and rolled down the windows to see if I could identify where the noise was coming from. It seemed to come from the driver side rear tire. I took off the wheel and checked the brake pads. Like I said, there is only 20,000 miles on these pads. They have plenty enough meat left on them. I reinstalled what I uninstalled. Voila! The noise was fixed! (Which I didn't really do a thing.) The next day I received the same phone call from my fiance' that her brakes were doing this again.

This has been happening for about a month now. Sometimes we hear it and sometimes we do not. Is there anyone out there who can guide me in the right direction as to why her car is making that noise? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
biessenberger

Tags
brakes, noise, pads, qx50, squealing