infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q45 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: How Do I Fix A 1999 Infinity Q45 If It Skips Hesitates On Takeoff?

Old 09-22-2008, 05:20 PM

Default How Do I Fix A 1999 Infinity Q45 If It Skips Hesitates On Takeoff?

The car has had new plugs put on, and a new fuel filter; but I still continue to have problems...
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Have you taken a look at the timing belt?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 PM

That car doesn't have a timing belt. It has a timing chain, and if the timing chain were going bad, the engine would have a clatter. Was the car skipping/hesitating b/f the tune-up? Does the car have any problems once you are cruising? This sounds like maybe more of a transmission related problem. Describe your problem a little more. Does the engine idle roughly?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Default Skipping

I have read bulletins and other stuff on forums that Infiniti has had problems with intermittent coil packs. My 99 Q45 does the same thing. Apparently, Infiniti was encouraging people to replace all 8 of them at a cost of several thousand dollars. This was so that they didn't have to diagnose which cylinder was acting up, go the trouble of replacing that coil pack, then have the same car back later doing the same thing because of a different cylinder.

Mine just kind of misfires intermittently and is coupled with loss of power. sometimes, they all fire and the thing runs great. Sometimes they don't. It is not a critical issue, so I'm not going to the trouble and expense to worry about it at 177,000 miles. Paid 3850 for the car, and it's garage kept in great shape.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:00 PM

I used the Hitachi Coil Packs (oem now) and changed the OEM plugs with OEM replacements - It's been 3 weeks since the tune up and my gas mileage has increased to a clean 25.1 on the highway now - Link___http://www.ebay.com/itm/302051896315...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT