infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Replacement Tires

Old 09-30-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
305/45/22 is working for me on stock 22x8 rims.

My tires are Atturo Trail Blade X/T.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...=24056&page=50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBnE...ature=youtu.be
wow that is cool !!
305/45/22 fits the 8" Rim !! this is a great option for me.
it is wider and Less expensive than original size

Two things I am concerned about though:-
- its heavier so I am worried it will harm the Transmission ?

- I don't know how it will look like on the car since it is wider.. will it exceed the car body frame? I watch the video it was cool I wish you have the chance to upload a photo or video showing the tires on your Qx80 from deferent angles to check the width.

Two other things that I know already:-
305/45/22 will cause more fuel consuming

285/45/22 is a wrong choice because it is shorter so you will get wrong mileage on the odometer unless you reprogram it probably.
Beside it makes the beast shorter .. uncool.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:02 AM

PetitFrereArmada would you mind taking some photos of different angles of the tire on the car that shows if the tire exceeded the car's frame body.

cause I think 305/45/22 is the most suitable replacement for the original size.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepleasent View Post
wow that is cool !!
305/45/22 fits the 8" Rim !! this is a great option for me.
it is wider and Less expensive than original size

Two things I am concerned about though:-
- its heavier so I am worried it will harm the Transmission ?

- I don't know how it will look like on the car since it is wider.. will it exceed the car body frame? I watch the video it was cool I wish you have the chance to upload a photo or video showing the tires on your Qx80 from deferent angles to check the width.

Two other things that I know already:-
305/45/22 will cause more fuel consuming

285/45/22 is a wrong choice because it is shorter so you will get wrong mileage on the odometer unless you reprogram it probably.
Beside it makes the beast shorter .. uncool.
Yes, the 305 fit the 8" rim great. Though all internet tools show it is not recommended for that wheel which is only 8". But others have done it before me and so I did it. And I have put the tire and wheel combo through enough tests already. Highway top speed and hardcore offroad. Tire and wheel combo proved to be a good match.

Ok your concern about these particular tires harming your transmission is far fetched. It will not do an ounce of any harm to your transmission. How would this even harm your transmission? This car in stock form with oem tires compared to this same car with 305 tires, the weight difference is almost non existent to even put an ounce of strain on the transmission. So this should not be an ounce of concern for you to worry about.

Your next concern. The tires look great. A slight difference from oem. And it does not stick out at all. Taking my QX offroad, I have put it in articulations that my QX has felt compromised a few times. One of those times I even broke my control arms that my extended warranty paid full price for to get them replaced. My control arms now are brand new and I will not hesitate any time to still take my QX offroad on some hardcore trails and put it in the same uncompromising poses and positions.

Trust me, very few people here on this forum if any at all, have put their QX in a lot of articulation poses like I have put mine. And that is because I have taken my QX through a lot of offroad trails that are very rocky, steep, and outright treacherous to take such a vehicle in its stock form on. And my QX did not disappoint. Though I will not lie, I feel my 2009 Armada would have handled the same courses better.

And also, your point about the 305 tires consuming more fuel is correct though truly minimal compared to the consumption with stock.

Quote:
PetitFrereArmada would you mind taking some photos of different angles of the tire on the car that shows if the tire exceeded the car's frame body.

cause I think 305/45/22 is the most suitable replacement for the original size.
I am in London, as I am writing this. On a small vacation so cannot get you pictures of my QX.

But here are some pictures from my road trip in July 2017. You can also view some more pictures on my road trip thread.

Here is the thread to my road trip and more pictures...

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...inces)/page10?

Old 10-17-2017, 02:34 AM

Thanks PetitFrereArmada for spending time and share these useful information

Amazing road trip report you did !! wow this is how we should enjoy our QX !!
Unfortunately most of us are using it as a LUXURY on road car only in the CITY

Really its great to learn from a person who has more actual experience
Old 10-17-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks PetitFrereArmada for spending time and share these useful information

Amazing road trip report you did !! wow this is how we should enjoy our QX !!
Unfortunately most of us are using it as a LUXURY on road car only in the CITY

Really its great to learn from a person who has more actual experience
Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for taking the time to read my trip report. I am thinking of adding another somewhat trip report to it. Not really a trip report, just pictures of the places I am visiting so far here in London on a small vacation.

I have truly enjoyed my QX so far. I have taken that thing on some amazing road trips so far. And this last trip report, if you see all the pictures you will see my car was kind of out of place. It was the only most luxurious car out there in its stock form. Like 90% of the other cars there were all lifted or fitted for offroad but I took mine all stock. And the trails we went on, I tell you that all these guys that saw me knew there was just no way I would make it. But it did not even cross my mind if I will not make it or not. I was there to do the trails and was ready for body damage or mechanical damage, but I handled it well and came out great with a minor bumper scrap that I have repaired already.

Guys who met me in town after our trail runs said congrats that they did not think that my QX had 4x4, let alone do those trails that were all packed full of lifted Jeeps, and Toyotas. But my QX was not faced. 4Lo, being gentle on the pedal and picking my lines right worked great for me on the trails.

It was an amazing adventure. I call my QX "King of the Road". On the highway, it stands its ground against all the high performance sports cars or sedans claiming to be leaders on the highway and offroad, it stands its ground against Jeeps and Toyotas on some of the harsh terrains out there and all in stock form. Talk about best all around. This QX in my garage is no mall crawler. I want to enjoy it as best as I can on and offroad. And it is working great so far.

In my books, my QX earned its title of "King of the Road" and it maintains it with stride. How I wish I had it with me here in Britain right now on a short vacation to take it into the country side for some adventures.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:57 PM

I want to get Hankook Dynapro ATM 305/45/22 but think my rims are to narrow at 8" that size tire says it needs a minimum width of 9.5"
Is anyone running this size tire?

2013 QX56

UPDATE

I had the Hankook Dynapro ATM 305/45/22 installed on the stock 22" rims with no issues or rubbing. The installer said nothing about the rim being to narrow for the tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0315.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0316.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	682  

Old 09-23-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
Can I please see pics?

Who installed it for you?

What psi are you running?

Does it have a significant bulge?

I came back from a 800 mile road trip about 6 days ago and parked my QX in the garage. Yesterday, I was off work and wanted to use the QX, tire was flat. Drove like that to a very close gas station and filled it with air.

Took it to discount tire and they said I had a nail in it and said they cannot repair it. So, I bought a brand new tire from them.

All my tires are like new, but I am ready for some all terrain tires since I would like to take my QX offroad. I can't have this 4x4 be a garage queen.

I asked for a quote from them for a 305/45/22. Very pricey. Then they said it will not fit on the 22x8 OEM rim. Which is true. But I know some people have done this. So, I was wondering if I anybody could please share pics with me of how it looks. I wanted to see if the sidewall is bulging too much.

They gave me another quote for what would fit for a 285/50/22. I was very interested, but changed my mind as I want to find out if 305/45/22 is possible and safe on the oem wheel. I will like to do that.
I ordered nitto terra grappler G2 305/45/22 from Amazon and clicked a box for install at sears. Amazon shipped them to sears at no extra charge. The install for all 4 tires was $80. The Tires were $306 each. This was $39 cheaper than Discount Tire per tire. DT would not put these tire on because they said the rim was too narrow. Sears didnít care. They look incredible. No rubbing. No extra road noise. Better traction in all conditions (no snow yet).

I would post photos, but donít know how to do it on here.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZ View Post
I have the 22's also and they are terrible. The OEM tires wore out in 15,000 miles. I replaced them with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas that were slightly different in size (285/45/22 which are .7" smaller diameter) but had a higher tread wear rating. I have 36000 miles on my truck now and I need my third set of tires. I'll never buy 22" wheels again.
You need an alignment.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzle View Post
You need an alignment.
I think lack of tire rotations is the issue instead of an alignment. These suvís are heavy and the awd models are hard on front tires.
That said now driving our 3rd version of these suvís Iíve found no noticeable degradation in tire life with 22ís vs 20ís. Ride quality is diminished with 22ís obviously because of the shorter sidewall.

Last edited by Kcrebel; 09-23-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:08 PM

Just installed the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in the 285/55/22 form for a little extra height and width. I must say I am impressed, I had the Pirelli Scorpion¬ís on the QX with sidewall wear that was inconsistent with the middle of the tire like they were under inflated by the previous owner. They were the 275/50/22 size and I ran them at 35PSI but they felt really twitchy. I have put 10k miles on this car in the last 6 months and was starting to regret the purchase. Anytime the road was uneven the steering wheel would pull like crazy and throw around all the passengers unless I was death gripping the steering wheel. I went to the local Nissan dealer and got an alignment and discussed the issue, but they found nothing and the alignment did not help. After the new tires I still need to get another alignment but it is a night and day difference in steering feel, turns out the Infiniti is nice to drive. I was really thinking there were major suspension issues with the HBMC or something. I have only had them on for the weekend but I am so glad I gave myself that extra 1 1/2¬Ē of sidewall for these 10ply tires.

Here are some pics of how they look on the rig, it's been a week now and I still love them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2644.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2645.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2643.jpg
Views:	20